Burning up

2 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Fair point but most people have realised by now that a bit of saluki put into bull x will make them better than straight bull greys 

Trouble is it can go either way with that I've saw saluki xs go to decent bullxs and it can send them backwards 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2023 at 20:16, Aussie Whip said:

Has the dog ever overheated badly in the past? I had a dog that got out and was chasing roos on a hot day and would overheat very quickly after that. Don't know if this is a scientifically proven thing but it happened to mine. I agree with gnipper on the highly strung thing though.

I've had the same, Vet said some dogs have a small opening into their skull that allowes blood to the brain which means they over heat more readily especially after first time. I have found it helps to keep any excesive wait off and fit as possible.

Edited by stevemac
  • Thanks 1
On 21/03/2023 at 22:16, Aussie Whip said:

Has the dog ever overheated badly in the past? I had a dog that got out and was chasing roos on a hot day and would overheat very quickly after that. Don't know if this is a scientifically proven thing but it happened to mine. I agree with gnipper on the highly strung thing though.

Yes that's a common problem over your way Aussie Whip, once the dog has heated or heat stoke (call it what you want)the dog then becomes prone to it, over heating faster each time. In some cases, this has ended a dog's working life, making them unsuitable for any hard running and hunting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1