Burning up

Anyone ever had a dog that heats up really quick, excessive panting ect. My current bull x is a like this, even in cold weather or having done little exercises he’s blowing. Dog is in great shape and fit and not over muscular.after the first run he never gets his tongue back in for the rest of the night. I think a lot of it is from just being hyped up to begin with.  

23 minutes ago, Jude said:

Anyone ever had a dog that heats up really quick, excessive panting ect. My current bull x is a like this, even in cold weather or having done little exercises he’s blowing. Dog is in great shape and fit and not over muscular.after the first run he never gets his tongue back in for the rest of the night. I think a lot of it is from just being hyped up to begin with.  

Does he keep going alright 

• Like 1

A mate of mine had a bitch like that she would start as soon as you put her in the car just pant real heavy, you would think she would be no good by the time you got to the land but she would run and kill hares for fun real fit I just think she got over excited she couldn't control breathing properly, but it never affected her running

• Like 1

Really funny you should mention this as only tonight walking my pup in the pissing rain she was panting away and she mostly does. Compared to the old bull cross who would only pant after a run and then not for long. But she is a busy dog and a wolly coat so think she just runs hot. That said she is such a cheerful sod I think shes just smiling lol

IMG_0983.PNG

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Jude said:

The only way you can solve this problem is to knock the bull cross on the head and get a good saluki cross

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

The only way you can solve this problem is to knock the bull cross on the head and get a good saluki cross

Dogs for jobs, a saluki couldn’t do what a bull x is bred for consistently and vice versa 

12 hours ago, Jude said:

Anyone ever had a dog that heats up really quick

Has the dog ever overheated badly in the past? I had a dog that got out and was chasing roos on a hot day and would overheat very quickly after that. Don't know if this is a scientifically proven thing but it happened to mine. I agree with gnipper on the highly strung thing though.

• Like 2