Last journey

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've the old dog booked in for his last trip tonight,he's deteriorated hugely in the last fortnight,not looking forward to it,but it needs doing, working here but no mood for much,...14 years ,

Deed done,I'm gutted lol...my son bought him on his 14th birthday ,he's in bits ...at the age of 28 lol...a day or two and we'll be sorted but the whole house is in bits at the moment 

I bought in 2 adult bitches ,saluki bred yokes,...none were worth taking a litter from ,....one was fiercely heedless,and when she f****d off ,she went hundreds of yards ahead,in fact she was a spec i

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, bird said:

never gets easy, when that sad day comes. at least you got few other runners to take it place . 

Thanks ray,I've a few(2 ) to keep me busy,I gotta keep an eye open for something similar in the future,tall fast and up for a tumble lol

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Some dogs add a little colour to our lives beyond the norm,  sad when they go but lucky to have owned them.

Yeah,he was a very decent dog,lucky to have had him

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Busher100 said:

I remember the pics of him doing the foxes I tried a couple Saluki xs thinking I could get one the same I never did… fair play to you for keeping him till his last day, RIP sonic?

I bought in 2 adult bitches ,saluki bred yokes,...none were worth taking a litter from ,....one was fiercely heedless,and when she f****d off ,she went hundreds of yards ahead,in fact she was a spec in the distance at times,so I put her down after a few weeks of getting no where with her,then the other was poor on the hares and a pure coward with teeth,...I was lied to by both sellers,...which didn't surprise me in the end ,I could never find a decent type to put him over...he gave me so many great days out busher,...it was the least I could do for him,...but that's how I go ,if the dogs decent ,he's here for his lifetime...

• Like 8

Sorry to hear that mate, but can i say in years to come you will be relieved that you were there at the end....still bugs me after nearly 30 years that i was not there for my 1st dogs final trip, i had gone back to university. 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, paulthepoacher93 said:

My heart goes out to you buddy I'm 29 lost mine of 17years last month still feels like yesterday, hope your all okay❤

It's all part of the keeping of a sporting dog,the end is never easy but we did what was needed to be done,you'd sure miss them but you gotta keep going and hopefully I might find another suitable candidate in the future for a long term hunter companion

• Like 3
On 26/03/2023 at 23:54, jigsaw said:

It's all part of the keeping of a sporting dog,the end is never easy but we did what was needed to be done,you'd sure miss them but you gotta keep going and hopefully I might find another suitable candidate in the future for a long term hunter companion

Hopefully you find something jig but it's the hardest walk you both will ever undertake one that never gets any easier 

• Like 1