Back to sub 12

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure this helps any Phil but I`ve let the shot guns go, kept the shot gun licence and gone " forward " to sub 12 shooting only.                   For me, I find sub 12 makes you hunt correctl

My close shooting buddy has had his shotgun and firearms licenses revoked and after a number of calls is not fully aware of the reason, with this in mind, his guns including his pride and joy, FX Crow

The law is a mess  all I can think with that lad without knowing the story is it was revoked for a violent or firearms offence  the lad I know had them revoked for a domestic incident and wa

He was advised that the police don't make the court hearing and so one delay after another, all adding to the costs, I am repeating what his solicitor told him, well you can only afford so much and so he was advised not to proceed.  I think it is a great shame, not just for my friend but for anyone in this position, in fact the rfd told my friend yesterday that they had ( I think ) 7 guys bringing their gear in to sell on as they just see the thin end of the wedge and big concerns about their medical situation, whatever that may be, deciding to call it quits and hand in their tickets and get out, so to speak.

If the proposed rethink about gun licensing came into play stating all shotguns have to regared the same as rifles needing full fac, well that would screw it for a lot of people but if that is the case, so be it, I am just one guy who hopes that is not going to be the case.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, villaman said:

But you have the legal right to know why it’s been revoked. They have to be transparent on everything remember or they can end up in court as well 

I agree, that's what I said upfront, he needs to find out why they revoked his tickets!!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1