Back to sub 12

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure this helps any Phil but I`ve let the shot guns go, kept the shot gun licence and gone " forward " to sub 12 shooting only.                   For me, I find sub 12 makes you hunt correctl

My close shooting buddy has had his shotgun and firearms licenses revoked and after a number of calls is not fully aware of the reason, with this in mind, his guns including his pride and joy, FX Crow

The law is a mess  all I can think with that lad without knowing the story is it was revoked for a violent or firearms offence  the lad I know had them revoked for a domestic incident and wa

1 hour ago, philpot said:

It was stated on the radio the other day that the whole situation of gun licenses are being reviewed so goodness where that will go BUT we will no doubt find out sooner or later.

Most of changes will be with shot guns  I think bring them in line with section 1 

11 minutes ago, villaman said:

Most of changes will be with shot guns  I think bring them in line with section 1 

I suspect you are right Mitch.

I have been at the rfd today with my pal while he bought a sub 12 Crown .22 and a green stock HW100 .177.  Now Mitch I know you like the lighter pellets in .22, Express / RS but what about .177 as my pal is thinking of light pellets again but I have not used them in the past in my .177 in fact my hw100 prefered bis mags to anything else. What do you think.

52 minutes ago, philpot said:

I suspect you are right Mitch.

I have been at the rfd today with my pal while he bought a sub 12 Crown .22 and a green stock HW100 .177.  Now Mitch I know you like the lighter pellets in .22, Express / RS but what about .177 as my pal is thinking of light pellets again but I have not used them in the past in my .177 in fact my hw100 prefered bis mags to anything else. What do you think.

JSB or AA express 7.9 gr are absolutely brilliant even in wind . Then go the other end in weight 10.3 gr JSB heavies, brilliant as well . I have swooped from the heavies to 7.9 gr again with great results in the field 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mitch, ( Villaman )advised me some 5 or 6 years ago to move over to the JSB Exact Express 4.52, 7.87g( .177 cal ) and also to the Falcon Accuracy Plus 5.52, 13.43g, ( .22 cal ), I`ve never looked back, or seen any reason to change again, I use these pellets only in all my sub 12 springers and pcps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, villaman said:

But doesn’t the NRA have a legal team to help fight your case , if you have a case ? Not only that , being a member of HOA club and the NRA shows the fire arms departments you are a bit more serious about the sport as well don’t you think 

If you don't know why your FAC was revoked what case do you have??

The NRA or any Home Office club will be very reluctant to get involved in any revocation, as they will be guilty by implication if they don't win.  Any Club/NRA will likely want to distance themselves from any member with a revoked FAC asap, indeed they will probably have to, as there are will be serious difficulties in letting that member continue to shoot, especially if he can't advise the Club/NRA, WHY his FAC was revoked.

Being a bit serious about the sport will have no effect whatsoever in any Police decision to revoke!!  They either have a reason to revoke or they don't, that will not change just because he is a member of a club or NRA or both!!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Deker said:

If you don't know why your FAC was revoked what case do you have??

The NRA or any Home Office club will be very reluctant to get involved in any revocation, as they will be guilty by implication if they don't win.  Any Club/NRA will likely want to distance themselves from any member with a revoked FAC asap, indeed they will probably have to, as there are will be serious difficulties in letting that member continue to shoot, especially if he can't advise the Club/NRA, WHY his FAC was revoked.

Being a bit serious about the sport will have no effect whatsoever in any Police decision to revoke!!  They either have a reason to revoke or they don't, that will not change just because he is a member of a club or NRA or both!!

But you have the legal right to know why it’s been revoked. They have to be transparent on everything remember or they can end up in court as well 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, villaman said:

But you have the legal right to know why it’s been revoked. They have to be transparent on everything remember or they can end up in court as well 

Well we would like to think so Mitch and it may well be the case that all will be made clear, I know the solicitor has sent a letter and email stating the police have 7 days to respond so we will see.  My friend accepts the decision as he feels despite the upset he feels an the stress it has caused him, it is simply not worth trying to fight them hence buying two sub 12 rifles yesterday. We have been out this morning to set up a new hide for him on one of our perms ready for a rabbit session and we will work our way round all the perms to evaluate what the best approach is with only the sub 12 to use.

Knowing my friend very well, he is just glad it's all over with all his gear at the rfd so he can sort his deal out and start to enjoy shooting again. I must say a big thanks to him as yesterday when he picked me up, he gave me one of his Pard NV008 units which I have put on the hmr, I am most grateful.

Phil

5 minutes ago, philpot said:

Well we would like to think so Mitch and it may well be the case that all will be made clear, I know the solicitor has sent a letter and email stating the police have 7 days to respond so we will see.  My friend accepts the decision as he feels despite the upset he feels an the stress it has caused him, it is simply not worth trying to fight them hence buying two sub 12 rifles yesterday. We have been out this morning to set up a new hide for him on one of our perms ready for a rabbit session and we will work our way round all the perms to evaluate what the best approach is with only the sub 12 to use.

Knowing my friend very well, he is just glad it's all over with all his gear at the rfd so he can sort his deal out and start to enjoy shooting again. I must say a big thanks to him as yesterday when he picked me up, he gave me one of his Pard NV008 units which I have put on the hmr, I am most grateful.

Phil

He must know he is in the wrong if he is not bothering  to fighting it 

as we all know sub 12 with a decent set up and the right pellet and know what you are capable of , then 60 odds yards is very achievable 

I still love shooting sub12 and like I said before on many occasions, is FAC really worth all the hassle for shooting rabbits, squirrels, rats , pigeons and so on when we know sub 12 can do it with ease 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, villaman said:

He must know he is in the wrong if he is not bothering  to fighting it 

as we all know sub 12 with a decent set up and the right pellet and know what you are capable of , then 60 odds yards is very achievable 

I know what you are saying an yes he may be holding something back but we have talked in some depth an the two things the police said when they came to pick up all his stuff was that he lied on the application, I checked it and he didn't lie at all, also a medical reason but he has no bloody idea what the hell that is unless they regard angina as a reason nowadays. He is totally at a loss as to the reason given because it is not a qualified reason.

8 minutes ago, philpot said:

I know what you are saying an yes he may be holding something back but we have talked in some depth an the two things the police said when they came to pick up all his stuff was that he lied on the application, I checked it and he didn't lie at all, also a medical reason but he has no bloody idea what the hell that is unless they regard angina as a reason nowadays. He is totally at a loss as to the reason given because it is not a qualified reason.

If that’s the case then fight it 

• Like 1