Nice film MR sleight

On 19/03/2023 at 20:19, Moocher71 said:

Thanks for posting,my brother was at a game fair and see Dave put on a bird /dog race years ago .

I like his videos on purdy 

The film brings back memories. 

The pigeon vs whippet roadshow was a staple at country shows .

To be honest the build-up was far longer than the race but it was crowd pleaser .?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Thats it DC , so what was his favourite dogs racing name if i remember rightly

Never actually spoke to the chap but saw him with his dog's over the year's at various lurcher shows and about ten years ago at Highgate when they had the bends championships held their. Recently heard of the passing of a great whippet man who i learnt a lot from about running dogs when i worked at the same pit who later on in life went into racing Pigeons. Arthur Ward another great whippet man from the same pit is Tommy Steel a Scotsman who was still racing whippets ten years' ago.

• Like 1

Always enjoyed reading his articles in EDRD.

The book being written by him has been talked about for many years now, but there's still no sign of it.

Does anyone know if he is still going to publish a book, as it would be one i'd be interested in reading.

SINDASOX

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SINDASOX said:

Always enjoyed reading his articles in EDRD.

The book being written by him has been talked about for many years now, but there's still no sign of it.

Does anyone know if he is still going to publish a book, as it would be one i'd be interested in reading.

SINDASOX

Last time i spoke to him a few year's back at Highgate dog track Dave told me he had made a start on a book though he said he was leaving lads names from the past out of it i told him he was free to use mine and gave him some newspaper clips from the 80s to use if he wished. I consider Dave as a good mate from back in the day when we both poached the same area i would always help him in any small way i could. A book of his life with lurchers would be a good read imho.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 20/03/2023 at 10:50, steve66 said:

Remember chatting to Geoff Fletcher at Maltby afew times cant remember what his user name was on here but he certainly knew the game inside out , a great font of knowledge who had his fair share of winners 

Always liked Geoffs Tay after seeing him compete in the Fieldfare Challenge, he had some engine

• Like 2
12 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

A book of his life with lurchers would be a good read imho.

Yes, I would buy it. Always looked forward to reading his articles. 

If you're still in touch with him ask him is the book still coming out.

SINDASOX 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Just an heads up the same team who made this film have just released another one about Askern flapping track in Doncaster that I have found to be a good watch though sad at the demise of flapping tracks to their only being two left in the UK. 

• Like 1
On 22/03/2023 at 21:37, SINDASOX said:

Yes, I would buy it. Always looked forward to reading his articles. 

If you're still in touch with him ask him is the book still coming out.

SINDASOX 

Not seen Dave for a wile now though i was talking to an old poacher mate a few weeks ago who sees Dave regular at the Highgate dog track sales market by the sounds of it Dave is busy with other projects as writing a book must be very time consuming. I have asked him to write a book a few times though a part of me thinks with this changing world are the tales of past poaching and run ins with keeper's and authorities best left to die with the characters that witnessed the sort of life in the past.

• Like 1