They love us....

On 19/03/2023 at 12:10, OldPhil said:

Yeah, dogs give us unconditional affection,...they 'live in the moment' and they don't seem to worry too much about the past,... or the future....

I wish I could think like that....?

Aint that the truth! 

Not just lurchers, terriers love us too ? I deliberated for quite a while with myself regarding posting these pictures. My mam and my last (probably) terrier. Mam has Alzheimer's disease. Always a very proud and capable person. Is it being disrespectful posting these pictures? I do not think so. But thought long and hard about it before doing so. Am I looking for cheap "likes"? No, but if people think think that I am not bothered.

It is hard work for those who care for my parents. I do very little, typical bloke really, but one miraculous thing that I have discovered is going for a walk with the dog. How simple is that? The moment we leave the house the anxiety subsides. The extreme short term memory loss is of no relevance. Calm prevails. And the way the dog interacts plays no small part.

I have kept working dogs all my life but never expected one of mine to perform such an important and unexpected job and do it so well.

Edited by eastcoast
Removed pictures, in hind sight, no need.
  • Like 14

Labs not lurchers. Great niece a few years ago on a holiday with 4 generations of family on a trip to Ireland. Happy days. Very fortunate to have.

There were some nice pictures being posted on this thread. Did I depress everyone? 

P1000352.JPG

• Like 6
On 26/03/2023 at 21:02, eastcoast said:

Not just lurchers, terriers love us too ? I deliberated for quite a while with myself regarding posting these pictures. My mam and my last (probably) terrier. Mam has Alzheimer's disease. Always a very proud and capable person. Is it being disrespectful posting these pictures? I do not think so. But thought long and hard about it before doing so. Am I looking for cheap "likes"? No, but if people think think that I am not bothered.

It is hard work for those who care for my parents. I do very little, typical bloke really, but one miraculous thing that I have discovered is going for a walk with the dog. How simple is that? The moment we leave the house the anxiety subsides. The extreme short term memory loss is of no relevance. Calm prevails. And the way the dog interacts plays no small part.

I have kept working dogs all my life but never expected one of mine to perform such an important and unexpected job and do it so well.

Good post, mate.

35 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Labs not lurchers. Great niece a few years ago on a holiday with 4 generations of family on a trip to Ireland. Happy days. Very fortunate to have.

There were some nice pictures being posted on this thread. Did I depress everyone? 

P1000352.JPG

Nope, didn't cause me any aggrevation, and I suffer with depression.  ?

• Like 1
On 24/03/2023 at 10:19, jigsaw said:

If we tried to put this fellow outside he'd be dead in a week the spoilt shit

IMG_20230323_201343.jpg

IMG_20230321_203500.jpg

Not having a dig, mate, but people been telling me these salukis are tough as f**k?!!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Not having a dig, mate, but people been telling me these salukis are tough as f**k?!!

Try enter the house,then he does a job,he's a great guard ....and he won't tolerate strange dogs ,he can be tough,...you know the saying,let sleeping dogs lie lol 

• Like 2
On 27/03/2023 at 07:02, eastcoast said:

terriers love us too

They do, all the terrier bitches I've owned will nip the tips of my fingers, apparently it's a sign of terrier affection even though it's not great after they were chewing rats, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2