Foodies... places worth visiting

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We've got the "whats cooking" thread going, so thought I'd chuck up a thread of places worth visiting for decent grub, location etc... might give people a sway when they're visiting somewhere new etc.

On the way back a little treat to finish the day, stopped in South Sands Hotel, near Salcombe... cream tea...the correct way, cream first! Lol

Gaucho Richmond,right on the Thames,really nice if you like steak and people watch.  

Posted Images

El nacional

Dos Palillos

If you’re ever in Barcelona I highly recommend these two. El nacional is a mix of different restaurants, sea food, meat etc. Becareful not to get carried away lol my last bill in there was over €500 just for me. Oysters and champagne have a lot to answer for ? 

Dos Palillos is a fusion type place. Did the tasting menu last year on my birthday. Not cheap but bloody excellent food. Think we paid about 300 all in.

• Like 1

Can’t believe I didn’t put this before….

El Sobrino de Botin…… oldest restaurant in the world (300years I believe). Not Michelin starred but fuucking hell the baby pig is worth a journey :laugh:

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Dinosaurs said:

Has Anybody tried Karens Diner? I’m keen to give it a go but my wife not to sure as I’ve bit of a short fuse!!! Be a good laugh with right company ? Atb

Must admit they look funny I seen few  YouTube videos of them , the one when Eddie hall goes to one cracks me up ??

1 hour ago, mackem said:

Gaucho Richmond,right on the Thames,really nice if you like steak and people watch.

A3C17ADB-7DF9-493E-A5CE-0D839908F233.jpeg

53348B80-2CC7-4C0C-BDA5-C80208554835.jpeg

02B5DCDF-4E94-4CFF-BEF1-655E0E825D7A.jpeg

3F7F8CF5-057F-499E-9CEA-F2E73384F5AF.jpeg

80897025-4EC3-4FCA-B376-CFC2D2CE690A.jpeg

118ECEBC-1B35-4E9A-96C4-762A2186834E.jpeg

FA8E2C7D-6118-42D6-928C-148AAE616EB0.jpeg

8D82BF49-9E33-46B8-B38A-1B40AD24BEBD.jpeg

62FCECAB-7A5B-434F-AE1B-6FACFE31B275.jpeg

18B06249-F201-4ACD-ABE3-5B986017692D.jpeg

I would be so angry at the cnuts showing a plate and not cooking it lol

In the words of Simo…. Wipe its arse and walk it past the radiator ?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing about South Milton Sands in South Devon. The Beach House sounds amazing! I love seafood and the idea of being right on the beach while enjoying a good meal is definitely appealing. I'm always on the lookout for new places to try, especially when I'm visiting somewhere new. I think it's important to support local businesses, and trying new food is always a fun adventure. By the way, have you heard of America's Restaurant? It's a food blog that always has interesting recipes. I find it helpful when I'm trying to mix up my usual cooking routine.

Edited by Karezmator
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Don’t mind spending money on decent food would rather pay out and everyone enjoy it than pay less a no c….t likes it.

Same as that mate £50 up the local  abattoir and I can feed half the marina with good food, or get two mediocre meals in a pub,with no drinks it’s a no brainier really, have done £500 on a 7 course sea food meal in a lovely restaurant before and don’t regret it for a moment but it’s not me on a regular basis 

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Don’t mind spending money on decent food would rather pay out and everyone enjoy it than pay less a no c….t likes it.

It’s a no brainer to me mate I just can’t eat rubbish food as the the sayings go you are what you eat and your as only as good as your last meal, keep on eating the good stuff lol…

• Like 1