Looking to buy a 4x4 pick up help

The l200 has always had rear spring problems, the engine are generally spot on, I’ve seen a few with head gasket failures but not many 

the thing to look for with the Dmax is that it’s got good service history, they need regular oil change, I bought one not long ago where the oil pump had failed because of not being serviced properly and it snapped the crank, I’ve seen another 2 that have done the same, I’d also stay away from an auto, starting to see a few with box problems 

• Like 1

I’ve never had much to do with the navara, my mate used to buy the snapped ones because they were an easy repair, the chassis rails would corrode and crack at the back of the cab, I also know they completely changed them in late 2014 and the 2.3 engine is far better than the old 2.5, 

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

I would personally go down a few yrs on the reg and buy a Hilux...don't waste your time or money on anything else?

I sort of agree with that, 12k will still get you a 14 plate Bobby basic Hilux with under 100,000 on the clock, even the invincible 3.0 doesn’t come with a lot of kit for the extra money and the 2.5 is a quality motor 

• Like 1

Had them all apart from the Isuzu,  the Hilux was by far the best of the bunch,  indestructible and decent on fuel, especially the red ? 

The Navara as well as splitting in half were terrible on fuel, so bad I've got the MPG imprinted on my memory for life, 22.3  ? 

The L200 I didn't like at all, plastic interior and poor build quality,  if you can put up with that you'll get a cheap 4x4 

Landrover, had loads but I just didn't fit into them, I had to have the window down and a good jacket on to be comfortable ?  apart from that they had a very poor load capacity. A terrier box and a few shovels and the back was full

• Like 1

I’ve killed 5 ,L200 ,2 hilux invicibles and currently own a dmax that’s taking all the off road and pulling I give it .The Navara I had for a month ,hated it ,far too heavy ,slow and burnt diesel at a ridiculous rate .

My own advice would be to test drive a dmax and make your own mind up .

L200 all head gasket and cracked block .Invicibles both chassis warped,twisted  off road .

Navara ,just too dammed heavy .

If you think about Isuzu have been making trucks for ever whereas the others have put a truck on a car body with a few tweaks .

The suspension on all of them is never heavy duty from new so if your going to carry a bit then update it .Imprives handling too .

Turning circle is crap on L200,Navara .Hilux but better but dmax is very good tbh .Fuel economy is about 30-35 for them all but Navarre was 28!

• Like 1
On 18/03/2023 at 20:57, Fox dog said:

Hilux what would ye look out for in the 12 or 13, invincible,anyone try a Ford ranger?

The older Rangers are mazda's so decent enough but you will kill one if you treat it like a Hilux,past i think 09 there made by Ford and are.... Fords,also the 12 - 15 plates are known for oil pump problems,same engine as the transit that had the same problem but transits were recalled but the rangers weren't..

• Thanks 1