Wolves in Europe.

There was a thing on telly this morning, May have been the news, About the effect reintroduced wolves were having in western Europe,  Big packs roaming around the Belgian countryside, How long before these over paid experts realise, They were made to vanish for a reason. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have put this pic up before....this was my wife's dads canadian timber wolf x from the 1950's time  

Shame nicepix was harassed away as he had some good info on them having travelled as far as France if my memory serves me right think a solitary animal like a lynx is far safer to release than an anim

there was a program on tv a while back now...it was all about the wolves in Yellowstone National Park, the wolves were taking over the park so they took all of them out thinking it would solve the pro

Posted Images

Shame nicepix was harassed away as he had some good info on them having travelled as far as France if my memory serves me right think a solitary animal like a lynx is far safer to release than an animal that runs in an ever growing pack which as it gets bigger looses more fear ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, paulus said:

There was a thing on telly this morning, May have been the news, About the effect reintroduced wolves were having in western Europe,  Big packs roaming around the Belgian countryside, How long before these over paid experts realise, They were made to vanish for a reason. 

there was a program on tv a while back now...it was all about the wolves in Yellowstone National Park, the wolves were taking over the park so they took all of them out thinking it would solve the problem, in doing so the deer/wildlife population exploded......as the population of deer was growing they started to take over the park, which they started to eat a lot of the plants/trees which was also bad for the park.....with that happening they decided to reintroduce the wolf again to balance the whole thing out again, which it did, but i think they said they would keep an eye on the numbers and control them as and when.....Belgian will probably cull them back to sensible numbers to keep the balance going...  

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Shame nicepix was harassed away as he had some good info on them having travelled as far as France if my memory serves me right think a solitary animal like a lynx is far safer to release than an animal that runs in an ever growing pack which as it gets bigger looses more fear ?

shows the clip of the man wanted it all his own way jacked when it didn’t  go like that 

at least  the bannings and drama as ended since he f****d off 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

shows the clip of the man wanted it all his own way jacked when it didn’t  go like that 

at least  the bannings and drama as ended since he f****d off 

Don't be so sure ?

49 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

there was a program on tv a while back now...it was all about the wolves in Yellowstone National Park, the wolves were taking over the park so they took all of them out thinking it would solve the problem, in doing so the deer/wildlife population exploded......as the population of deer was growing they started to take over the park, which they started to eat a lot of the plants/trees which was also bad for the park.....with that happening they decided to reintroduce the wolf again to balance the whole thing out again, which it did, but i think they said they would keep an eye on the numbers and control them as and when.....Belgian will probably cull them back to sensible numbers to keep the balance going...  

read about that it's called trophic cascade  reintroducing the wolf even made the rivers   change  there flow

• Like 1

Packs of wolves must surely be governed by food sources or they would die off or need to expand .I think in Yellowstone if they go over the tops they are fair game for ranchers .The more game ,the  more wolves I guess and vice versa .

Coyote numbers are controlled by wolf packs in areas where they co exist and the cats present must surely be affected if their kills are constantly stolen .

The only thing that dosnt appear to care about wolves are grizzlies .

Got  tbh ,my favourite predator .

2 hours ago, greg64 said:

i didn't watch video bud, but i did read the article, and that was exactly the same as the TV program we watched.....at the end of the program it was an eye opener of how nature could change if you took one species out of the equation....balance is the key.....thanks for putting that up bud...

• Like 2
6 hours ago, paulus said:

228AD922-B31D-4C99-9EDE-305C9F26F11E.gif

It’s a wonder there arnt the odd wolves about here .They have been kept in captivity for centuries .I know 3 places where private individuals have packs of wolves and F1 hybrids .The one lad lives in the centre of a nearby town in a terrace with 7 F1 wolf dogs .I supply deer heads etc to him .Another has 3 pairs of different sub species ,Grey ,red and timber .

Hes on the outskirts of Bath .

The other is a very private chap who has 9 wolf dog F1 hybrids and a grey dog stud .They are probably borderline tbh .

I try spend time with them when time allows .F1 very affectionate when you get to know them ,straight not so .Along with my son we’ve walked them with the owner fair few times .

• Haha 1