Hi. I wanted to know if anyone could share honest opinions on a few terrier books.I appreciate any help.

Books by: J.Darcy,J.Broadhurst,Dave Harcombe,Sean Frain,D.Plummer or any others that may be informative on the working,history etc. of earthdogs,Particularly Fell,Patterdale,Lakeland or others.

Not looking for anyone to sideline anybody,just some good reading. Thnx

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most are in the same format and are only worth keeping for the photographs. D Harcombe's books a bit different and worth reading. D B Plummer? Great reads IMO. Eddie Chapman, all good. But the stand o

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Old Top said:

Hi. I wanted to know if anyone could share honest opinions on a few terrier books.I appreciate any help.

Books by: J.Darcy,J.Broadhurst,Dave Harcombe,Sean Frain,D.Plummer or any others that may be informative on the working,history etc. of earthdogs,Particularly Fell,Patterdale,Lakeland or others.

Not looking for anyone to sideline anybody,just some good reading. Thnx

The fell terrier by Plummer is good book. Find harcombe and darcy stuff good reads 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

every Darcy book I've had ,I've given away,not for me... D.Harcombe /Broadhurst be my choice ?

Strong dogs of old I gave my pal and giving my nephew down the beam by Darcy to get him started. Darcy books are decent but not for me either 

• Like 1

At least Darcy’s books are written by a lad who been there and done it .Some of the books appear as said ,regurgitated from chats with other lads .You need to take some of it with the proverbial pinch of salt though as some authors arnt what they pertain to be .

Some have stolen pics and written shite that dosnt add up .Need to take a bit from each but treat none as a bible .Frains artwork though ,cringe,cringe ,cringe .

I remember Darcy’s book on NS and spoke to Darcy about it at the time .He just printed what he was told but like others  said at the time some of it just could not be true .Timelines and places might of been obscured for reasons but some of it was just pure fantasy .

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

At least Darcy’s books are written by a lad who been there and done it .Some of the books appear as said ,regurgitated from chats with other lads .You need to take some of it with the proverbial pinch of salt though as some authors arnt what they pertain to be .

Some have stolen pics and written shite that dosnt add up .Need to take a bit from each but treat none as a bible .Frains artwork though ,cringe,cringe ,cringe .

I remember Darcy’s book on NS and spoke to Darcy about it at the time .He just printed what he was told but like others  said at the time some of it just could not be true .Timelines and places might of been obscured for reasons but some of it was just pure fantasy .

Mate of mine was nearly crying cos he only got a fleeting mention in it ??

• Haha 2