Digging shovel

15 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

As it says rabbiting spade ,ideal for two feet down to the ferret,last resort 

• Like 2

Whatever you buy you'll have to tweak it to get the right length, angle and you'll want good kick plate welding on. It's all about personal preference,  without taking a punt at one you'll never know

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 3

Just matter interest I see word kick plates mentioned, do ye boys jump on the shovel as in digging style or prefer to break with spade and shovel out,i find the jumping on the shovel technique bad practice but hey each to their own, getting down close to a dog you can collapse a tube, where's chipping it away and scooping out the loose works for me 

30 minutes ago, Fox dog said:

Just matter interest I see word kick plates mentioned, do ye boys jump on the shovel as in digging style or prefer to break with spade and shovel out,i find the jumping on the shovel technique bad practice but hey each to their own, getting down close to a dog you can collapse a tube, where's chipping it away and scooping out the loose works for me 

Your not always going to be close to the dog 

kick plates will save your boots 

The rest will come with experience 

• Like 3