• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Making and painting/airbrush  fishing lures , just something to get lost in for a few hours... @tillylamp nice pictures mate , I keep meaning to have a go at some other stuff other than the lures. 

other than hunting, what are your past time hobbies....Arry likes his metal detecting plus some others on here.....paulas likes his motorbikes.....and socks makes some good knives....so on and so on..

Making my dad regret not pulling out is also one of my favorite hobbies ?

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, kanny said:

I use a bit of a mix of  vallejo and creative/wicked  paints...I like the vallejo paints  they are cheap and they have a good selection in my local boyes store I do use a thinner with them also just a couple of drops in the cup helps them flow a bit easier as I'm limited on the psi I can achieve with my current compressor. 

i see you use a thinner (which we all do)....do you buy it? if so, that can start to run out quite expensive as you also clean your gun with it....

i could use a 2 fl oz bottle of thinner in an few hours if i'm using different colours and cleaning my gun....

i make my own and it works fine.....i use Fantastik original/all purpose cleaner with distilled water...at a mix of 25%- 75%

25% Fantastik 75% distilled water....that will last you months mate....i have never had any problems using it.....

i'm just trying to save you a ton of money bud....   

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

i see you use a thinner (which we all do)....do you buy it? if so, that can start to run out quite expensive as you also clean your gun with it....

i could use a 2 fl oz bottle of thinner in an few hours if i'm using different colours and cleaning my gun....

i make my own and it works fine.....i use Fantastik original/all purpose cleaner with distilled water...at a mix of 25%- 75%

25% Fantastik 75% distilled water....that will last you months mate....i have never had any problems using it.....

i'm just trying to save you a ton of money bud....   

Good tip thanks your right its not cheap...not sure we get fantastik in the UK but I've used window cleaner before think I seen it on some video...i normal just have a bucket of warm soapy water and the side of me and dunk the cup hold the tip and blow back...at the end of the job I do a partial  strip down and  use a spray gun cleaner they use in the sprayshop at work. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, kanny said:

Good tip thanks your right its not cheap...not sure we get fantastik in the UK but I've used window cleaner before think I seen it on some video...i normal just have a bucket of warm soapy water and the side of me and dunk the cup hold the tip and blow back...at the end of the job I do a partial  strip down and  use a spray gun cleaner they use in the sprayshop at work. 

you can get fantastik all purpose cleaner from amazon uk.....it said currently unavailable so i don't know how much it costs....

with me mixing my own reducer/cleaner costs me around $10....

if your system works out for you and your happy doing it then stick with it bud....

• Like 1
On 13/03/2023 at 17:33, Borr said:

Mine are currently cooking, studying online and watching podcasts, hopefully in the summer once life settles down a bit I may hit a bit of metal sculpture.... With a pinch of fishing and camping with my kids... Along with household projects.

metal sculpting would be an interesting past time.....have you ever done it, or would it be something new to try.....

10 hours ago, tillylamp said:

metal sculpting would be an interesting past time.....have you ever done it, or would it be something new to try.....

I've done a few bits, a golfer, life size and some giant daisies about half metre diameter, loads of small stuff vases book stops , but would like to do some big stainless garden sculptures . I'd have to do small models as material costs are pretty high , maybe find a Lazer place sometimes they have scrap ideal for certain stuff.

• Like 4

I count fishing as a type of hunting so other than my family commitments....i do a bit of gardening and grow some of my own vegetables. Used to play amateur rugby and cricket so i watch quite a bit of sport supporting our local clubs. Love reading i always have a book on the go, reading a Susan Hill novel at the moment.  Visit the gym twice a week with my son and i try to run 5km or cycle 10km every week. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Borr said:

I've done a few bits, a golfer, life size and some giant daisies about half metre diameter, loads of small stuff vases book stops , but would like to do some big stainless garden sculptures . I'd have to do small models as material costs are pretty high , maybe find a Lazer place sometimes they have scrap ideal for certain stuff.

We do a fair bit with MH laser in Tavistock mate... could have a word with them at some point if it help...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Borr said:

sounds interesting mate....have you got any photos to show us bud.....

6 hours ago, Aled said:

I count fishing as a type of hunting so other than my family commitments....i do a bit of gardening and grow some of my own vegetables. Used to play amateur rugby and cricket so i watch quite a bit of sport supporting our local clubs. Love reading i always have a book on the go, reading a Susan Hill novel at the moment.  Visit the gym twice a week with my son and i try to run 5km or cycle 10km every week. 

remind me to never challenge you to a race of any kind....lol lol......we grow our own veg as well, it's so rewarding when you grow your own....from the garden to the plate, it doesn't get any fresher than that....and they taste so good.....

• Like 3