RIP to a Legendary British Dogman

Getting back to Mo Dann i first met him in my early 20's and where dogs were concerned i would take on information like a sponge it fascinated me....i remember a little story he told me that Mayfield had told him about the Nigger dog......Nigger was born on Earl Tudors yard and Mayfield went there to buy some dogs but Earl wouldnt sell him Nigger.....Don just wanted to match as many dogs as possible and offered him good money as Nigger was a real wild acting fight crazy young dog......anything that moved he wanted to kill and would even destroy feed/water bowls,his doghouse etc......Earl ended up having to feed/water him in a hole he had dug in the ground and used an old fuel tank from a B - 52 bomber as his doghouse.......even with all those precautions by the time Nigger was 2 he barely had a tooth left in his mouth and so couldnt be matched anyway.......Don later said it showed him that Earl Tudor was a man who could be trusted.

• Like 8

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know gamedogs are not to many peoples tastes but a great dogman is a great dogman regardless so on a working dog forum just wanted to pay respects after hearing of the passing of The Plymouth Rock M

Im guessing that would be Nikki ?.....of folk who were around in the late 80's who i may occasionally still have a natter with most say she was the best bitch they ever saw.  

Always nice when a good one has the looks too

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

just my opinion mate but that’s how i’d say inbreeding and linebreeding works 

Thats the thing....its not an opinion its a fact.....i'll debate opinions with folk all day long but im not going to debate a fact......so i'll leave it there.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats the thing....its not an opinion its a fact.....i'll debate opinions with folk all day long but im not going to debate a fact......so i'll leave it there.

linebreeding and inbreeding in game dogs must be different to horses and sighthounds gnash 

we leave it there ?i’m enjoying the write ups would you say earl tudor had the most influence the start so to speak ?

• Haha 1

I know extremely little about inbreeding/linebreeding, so I’m not sure if I should comment, but here goes!

I thought linebreeding was just a slightly less intense version of inbreeding, sort of half brother/sister, rather than full brother sister ?

More than one breeder has told me, only half joking, that it’s linebreeding when it works…… inbreeding when it doesn’t !

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I know extremely little about inbreeding/linebreeding, so I’m not sure if I should comment, but here goes!

I thought linebreeding was just a slightly less intense version of inbreeding, sort of half brother/sister, rather than full brother sister ?

More than one breeder has told me, only half joking, that it’s linebreeding when it works…… inbreeding when it doesn’t !

Cheers.

any sibling half or full is inbreeding were i’m from mate ? 

17 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

All in the genes 

il_570xN.3866431940_7gcw.jpg

10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Would a grandfather/granddaughter mating be considered linebreeding or inbreeding ?

Cheers.

just about linebreeding for me but i’d rather breed 2 with the same grand parent 

48 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Would a grandfather/granddaughter mating be considered linebreeding or inbreeding ?

Cheers.

Linebreeding.....aunts/uncles/half siblings would all be considered line breeding,although half siblings would often be termed double breeding.........cousins and second cousins etc loose linebreeding......the closest link genetically is brother/sister then father/daughter mother/son etc

Mchull seems to be getting confused with basic shared heritage.....shared heritage can mean absolutely nothing if the dogs have not been set as a family.....the Dibo dog within the Apbt breed was behind at least 10 different families of dogs but to call them all linebred Dibo dogs would just be ridiculous being that they are all vastly different and carrying virtually no Dibo blood..... there is not 1 single linebred Dibo dog alive even though he appears multiple times in virtually every dog of the breed.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
18 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Linebreeding.....aunts/uncles/half siblings would all be considered line breeding,although half siblings would often be termed double breeding.........cousins and second cousins etc loose linebreeding......the closest link genetically is brother/sister then father/daughter mother/son etc

Mchull seems to be getting confused with basic shared heritage.....shared heritage can mean absolutely nothing if the dogs have not been set as a family.....the Dibo dog within the Apbt breed was behind at least 10 different families of dogs but to call them all linebred Dibo dogs would just be ridiculous being that they are all vastly different and carrying virtually no Dibo blood..... there is not 1 single linebred Dibo dog alive even though he appears multiple times in virtually every dog of the breed.

i get what your saying mate but father daughter half sibling is inbreeding for me i did it once every pup was useless half brother sister from good parents 

none of the best horses have ever been inbred frankel  for instance was linebred and had a lot a similarity’s to northern dancer image.png.a51020d4bdb790af48acb6f69cfe48d7.png

22 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i get what your saying mate but father daughter half sibling is inbreeding for me i did it once every pup was useless half brother sister from good parents 

none of the best horses have ever been inbred frankel  for instance was linebred and had a lot a similarity’s to northern dancer image.png.a51020d4bdb790af48acb6f69cfe48d7.png

Game dogs is 100 times worse for lying and hanging peds than any other stock I know...lol... but I do admire the chaps gullibility. 

31 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Game dogs is 100 times worse for lying and hanging peds than any other stock I know...lol... but I do admire the chaps gullibility. 

i haven’t been around gamedogs like some on here stop i think gnash has knowledge on things knows his way around a dog we have the odd difference of opinions but he talks a lot a sense at times 

like you  can talk sense at times aswell even though we have clashed and i’ve called you a knob  etc lol

we all have opinions don’t we but love working dogs so it’s all good be boring if we all muffed arse and thought the same  lol

• Like 3
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

linebreeding and inbreeding in game dogs must be different to horses and sighthounds gnash 

we leave it there ?i’m enjoying the write ups would you say earl tudor had the most influence the start so to speak ?

why the laughing face shh do you know any performance animal that breed farther to daughter and call it linebreeding ? 

gnash can put his point across and i wouldn’t say it’s wrong just extreme that wouldn’t get results in greyhound racing horse racing or hare coursing 

you are just f***ing clueless it is what it is talking with you your trying to talk dogs with a fishermen 

• Haha 1