RIP to a Legendary British Dogman

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Im guessing that would be Nikki ?.....of folk who were around in the late 80's who i may occasionally still have a natter with most say she was the best bitch they ever saw.

IMG_1295.jpg

That's the one, fine looking animal with the heart to match. Real shame she never produced, infertile I think?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know gamedogs are not to many peoples tastes but a great dogman is a great dogman regardless so on a working dog forum just wanted to pay respects after hearing of the passing of The Plymouth Rock M

Im guessing that would be Nikki ?.....of folk who were around in the late 80's who i may occasionally still have a natter with most say she was the best bitch they ever saw.  

Always nice when a good one has the looks too

Posted Images

6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

IMG_1295.jpg

Did that bitch come to Ireland?

4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

How can it be called line breeding if its 2 different inbred lines............its called what it is.....outcrossing inbred dogs.

Lol... because men that know what there doing breed selectivity from 2 inbreds..with the same family tree...but then  to a supreme outcross that has the same attributes and family tree in its history.... so now it's line breeding not inbred.... 

13 hours ago, stop.end said:

Lol... because men that know what there doing breed selectivity from 2 inbreds..with the same family tree...but then  to a supreme outcross that has the same attributes and family tree in its history.... so now it's line breeding not inbred.... 

A 6 generation pedigree contains 126 individual dogs.....if none of the 63 dogs on the sires side are the same as the 63 dogs on the dams side how can the resulting dog possibly be considered line bred ?

Use the dog pictured Nikki as a perfect example....her sire was Kane who was a double bred Vogan dog....Vogan was an inbred Nigger dog making Kane a very pure family bred dog......her dam was Teela she was an inbred Nelis dog  ( father/daughter ).....so Kane was a very pure Mayfield dog and Teela was a very pure Nelis dog....not only were they unrelated on paper they carried totally different traits.....the Mayfield dogs of that time tended to be what most of us called " stupid game ".....ridiculously game animals that had very little else.......the Nelis line on the other hand tended to be hard,durable,high ability finishers but quite often with questionable gameness.

The closest common ancestor to each family of dogs was Nigger who was 6 generations behind both lines.....6 generations represents around 1% actual genetic capacity.......both lines stem from the same genetic source but have been bred very differently so to call the end product a " line bred " dog is simply wrong......Nikki was an outcrossed bitch with a shared genetic starting point.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 8
16 hours ago, mC HULL said:

there from the same family tree 

outcrossing would be going to something that hasn’t any blood the same in it 

or how i thought lol

Just replied to the other chap about virtually the same thing mate :thumbs:

• Like 1