RIP to a Legendary British Dogman

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know gamedogs are not to many peoples tastes but a great dogman is a great dogman regardless so on a working dog forum just wanted to pay respects after hearing of the passing of The Plymouth Rock M

Im guessing that would be Nikki ?.....of folk who were around in the late 80's who i may occasionally still have a natter with most say she was the best bitch they ever saw.  

Always nice when a good one has the looks too

Posted Images

13 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

I'm sure he bought a dog off a friend of my family,a dog called starsky and re named red warrior 

He was the start of the Red Strain Staffords that were popular through the years.....i have a youngster here now with Red Warrior way back in his ped.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Francie, said:

Definatley mc

How inbred was she gnash?

Looking back through some old photos i think i made a mistake there im pretty sure that is actually Danns Coco and not Cinnamon,all those chocolate reds from the Mayfield line tend to look the same as family bred dogs should....not quite as inbred as Cinnamon as she was down through Vogan but still a tight family dog....at a guess your probably talking about the Nigger dog cropping up 20 odd times within 5 or 6 generations so percentage wise Coco was probably only around 35% Nigger but the blood comes in from every area of her heritage so in real genetic terms shes still a heavy family bred Nigger dog......Nigger being bred on the legendary Earl Tudors yard and one of the forebears of the breed in modern times in sporting circles.

Edited to add....Mo Dann didnt just keep Mayfield dogs he had great success with the Two Toes,Pacman,BJ stuff off Pat Patricks/Ronnie Andersons yards who all produced good dogs it would probably be fair to say that Mo lived the dream if you was into gamedogs back then and was one of the first to deal directly with the Yanks.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4
12 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

He was the start of the Red Strain Staffords that were popular through the years.....i have a youngster here now with Red Warrior way back in his ped.

I know the lad who had ch  red joe , I didn't personally know Maurice Dann but his name was  always in conversation when I talked to R .

RIP 

3 minutes ago, kanny said:

I know the lad who had ch  red joe , I didn't personally know Maurice Dann but his name was  always in conversation when I talked to R .

RIP 

:thumbs:....Staffords were never my thing back then but there was a few exceptional dogs without doubt....Red Joe was certainly one of them.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Its uncanny really that 2 of the earliest importers of the APBT to these shores have both passed in the same year......being a London lad i should of been an Ed Reid man really but it always bothered me that Ed didnt work his dogs....both very knowledgeable chaps Mo's hands on approach and refusal to compromise on bloodlines drew me towards him back then.....they both peddled their fair share of dogs but again Mo's stuff was just a little bit more " real " for me.

Had dogs off both men but have to agree with you there, Mo really was the real deal a man truly worthy of the title Dog Man :thumbs:

RIP to another legend

44 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Looking back through some old photos i think i made a mistake there im pretty sure that is actually Danns Coco and not Cinnamon,all those chocolate reds from the Mayfield line tend to look the same as family bred dogs should....not quite as inbred as Cinnamon as she was down through Vogan but still a tight family dog....at a guess your probably talking about the Nigger dog cropping up 20 odd times within 5 or 6 generations so percentage wise Coco was probably only around 35% Nigger but the blood comes in from every area of her heritage so in real genetic terms shes still a heavy family bred Nigger dog......Nigger being bred on the legendary Earl Tudors yard and one of the forebears of the breed in modern times in sporting circles.

Edited to add....Mo Dann didnt just keep Mayfield dogs he had great success with the Two Toes,Pacman,BJ stuff off Pat Patricks/Ronnie Andersons yards who all produced good dogs it would probably be fair to say that Mo lived the dream if you was into gamedogs back then and was one of the first to deal directly with the Yanks.

27908404_854042794756298_4055913221477876616_o.jpg.86f822af1b6b3ea8edecd50de8926095.jpg

Cinnamon in her old age on a friend of a friend's yard. Cracking bitch she was

• Like 10
16 minutes ago, BGD said:

27908404_854042794756298_4055913221477876616_o.jpg.86f822af1b6b3ea8edecd50de8926095.jpg

Cinnamon in her old age on a friend of a friend's yard. Cracking bitch she was

All those dogs Cinnamon,Scarface,Gar all ended up in London we had the little Fenner dog once it was established that the real value of the Mayfield blood was when it was crossed.....ive always maintained that some of the best dogs the Uk ever saw was the Alligator/Mayfield crosses.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

All those dogs Cinnamon,Scarface,Gar all ended up in London we had the little Fenner dog once it was established that the real value of the Mayfield blood was when it was crossed.....ive always maintained that some of the best dogs the Uk ever saw was the Alligator/Mayfield crosses.

so the heavily inbred dogs are good at producing when outcrossed to digmfferent lines from the same family tree ? gnash 

Edited by mC HULL
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Interesting stuff gnash goodman

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Can't argue with that, best bitch I ever saw was down from Gar on top and Nelis x Tug on bottom if I remember right.

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

so the heavily inbred dogs are good at producing when outcrossed to digmfferent lines from the same family tree ? gnash 

Only my opinion mate.....but yes the outcrossing of 2 inbred dogs with the same genetic starting point.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, BGD said:

Can't argue with that, best bitch I ever saw was down from Gar on top and Nelis x Tug on bottom if I remember right.

Im guessing that would be Nikki ?.....of folk who were around in the late 80's who i may occasionally still have a natter with most say she was the best bitch they ever saw.

IMG_1295.jpg

• Like 16