Marking

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She started marking this weekend nice and stealthy made my day really flying along now. If she gets down wind of something goes into a sneak checking with me like a little team Likes t

many years ago we were ferreting a ditch in between railway and golf course in Lincolnshire, got 9 rabbits or so, just as dog marked a small sett a chap came up and said have you come for the eels. he

Be one in there 

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, ferretgirl29 said:

How do you get them to mark I have a 6 month old pup she has zero interest in rabbit holes yet my spaniel flys to them and marks I thought my lurcher pup would copy but up to now zero interest any tips or just keep at it 

I had an Oz staghound that showed no interest in game at all, even running roos until he was 18 months and then one day it just clicked. Don't know what yours is but some of those deerhound types take a while to mature. Yeah just keep taking her out, only a pup still.

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

let it go at it's own pace. just take it where there are holes, scent, etc. it will follow the spaniel when it's ready. some mature faster than others. 

Yer that's what iv been doing just taken her for walks and a bit of jumping been getting her used to the ferrets aswell 

13 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I had an Oz staghound that showed no interest in game at all, even running roos until he was 18 months and then one day it just clicked. Don't know what yours is but some of those deerhound types take a while to mature. Yeah just keep taking her out, only a pup still.

She is collie greyhound whippet plus some extra bits yer I would imagine the penny will drop just thought she would copy the spaniel a bit as said plenty of time yet 

1 hour ago, ferretgirl29 said:

She is collie greyhound whippet plus some extra bits yer I would imagine the penny will drop just thought she would copy the spaniel a bit as said plenty of time yet 

I've had a few whippet crosses that never marked, they would just stand back and let the old dog mark but stood ready once the ferrets were entered.