A.cocker/D.wheeler lines

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AC Blitz before he was renamed soldier bottom pic is his littermate Butch

Dogs bred for type,  I dont know much about a true DW bred dog bred by the man himself so cant comment. The only one ive seen was SE Rock, a little dog with pricked ears and a curly pig tail. Any

Very few can/will be honest when it comes to the breeding of the blackdogs...sly matings, taking litters from untested dogs/bitches,breeding from known failure's,buying in stolen dogs and saying f**k

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, undertaker said:

Was some dog that produced what's in most yards today dug him on his last 

Good producer but didnt do no where the amount work was giving to other dogs

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, timmy k said:

So is their a common lineage between the cocker and wheeler stuff? Nobody answered.

Not that I've heard of- unless you're going back to breay and bucks times. Then  again who knows what stolen dogs ended up in what lines.

• Haha 1

So where did the two lines start, I presume wheeler was from nuttal stuff with added bull, but haven't got a clue where cockers stuff started, and incase anyone thinks I'm going to profit from this knowledge I haven't got anything in my kennels of either

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, timmy k said:

So where did the two lines start, I presume wheeler was from nuttal stuff with added bull, but haven't got a clue where cockers stuff started, and incase anyone thinks I'm going to profit from this knowledge I haven't got anything in my kennels of either

You would probably have to ask ac to get a honest answer 

• Like 1

Very few can/will be honest when it comes to the breeding of the blackdogs...sly matings, taking litters from untested dogs/bitches,breeding from known failure's,buying in stolen dogs and saying f**k all,fiddling peds...some folks will go to any length to get some poor cnuts lifes work...the list goes on...its a minefield...work what you got,test them properly,Be Honest with yourself and dont pass on your shite...will any of us still be able to work these little dogs to ground in say 10/15 yrs time??? I doubt it very much,best just tuck your teeth in,stop the bitching and being so bitter...enjoy whats left before,the right is removed from us completely 👍

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
On 11/10/2023 at 20:27, timmy k said:

Not being a black dog man but sort of going by stamp as such you can sort of tell what was what back a while ago, Nuttal stuff looked like Nuttal stuff, wheeler looked liked wheeler etc etc and Gouldy stuff (sparticus as a eg) looked like Gouldy stuff and that AC stuff looks like old Gouldy stuff going by stamp as it were...But that's just my look on it and i'm more than likely miles out...:laugh:

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Very few can/will be honest when it comes to the breeding of the blackdogs...sly matings, taking litters from untested dogs/bitches,breeding from known failure's,buying in stolen dogs and saying f**k all,fiddling peds...some folks will go to any length to get some poor cnuts lifes work...the list goes on...its a minefield...work what you got,test them properly,Be Honest with yourself and dont pass on your shite...will any of us still be able to work these little dogs to ground in say 10/15 yrs time??? I doubt it very much,best just tuck your teeth in,stop the bitching and being so bitter...enjoy whats left before,the right is removed from us completely 👍

Well said Danny a family member of mine Was like that alot respect him in the dog game. He's one man you could go to and he will tell you how it is. Very knowledgeable on his terriers and ment to be a brilliant tracker too , that I've been told by one of my friends that used to go out with him back in the day. " Abit older than me danny by about 15 years my friend." But told me some stories about him , and how he used to look up to him.  He had a few good dogs that was bred out of Derek's old Stafford's bitch. To which many dogs that was bred from hia terriers went to pals who he went out grafting with wasn't past out of that circle. I was very young when he was big into his dogs. But a remember my Dad taking me over to his house and seeing these dogs in kennel then him showing me photos in his album days out all over the country on permission that he had with a few of his pals out with him. Same again good lads straight down the middle. One of his close pals went down the wrong road and ended up f****d on drugs which was ashame because he knew his dogs too some may say diffent about him but he was another went all over the country grafting even out of the country grafting. A can remember him telling me a story about his pals dogs going missing was stolen by some travellers. His pal rang him up saying he'd come to his kennels to dogs gone and heard that some travellers had them. So they ended up rounding a few lads up and together they went to this site and found the dogs on a site. But it just shows the loyalty he had for his friends. A couldn't see many doing that today going out ganged up looking for a pals dogs can you. But saying that back then there wasn't no Facebook lol. It was word of mouth and much hours out looking. 

• Like 3