A.cocker/D.wheeler lines

10 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I have  seen only only a couple of genuine wheeler stuff but they were reckless and got beat up pretty quick  they weren't for me 

Yah heard they hard going but not stick going after season or so but could be only what some men worked dogs like compared to other men keep them 

• Like 1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AC Blitz before he was renamed soldier bottom pic is his littermate Butch

Dogs bred for type,  I dont know much about a true DW bred dog bred by the man himself so cant comment. The only one ive seen was SE Rock, a little dog with pricked ears and a curly pig tail. Any

Very few can/will be honest when it comes to the breeding of the blackdogs...sly matings, taking litters from untested dogs/bitches,breeding from known failure's,buying in stolen dogs and saying f**k

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, undertaker said:

Yah heard they hard going but not stick going after season or so but could be only what some men worked dogs like compared to other men keep them 

Exactly they were to hard for there own good at times and reckless but I'm sure lads worked to there strengths

5 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Exactly they were to hard for there own good at times and reckless but I'm sure lads worked to there strengths

Looked like dogs wouldn't be pushed easy stamp dog to look at fine boned than must dogs other dogs lack

• Thanks 1

From the proper wheeler stuff I saw if you got a good one you got a very good one but there were far more that lacked terrier instinct.very dull and wouldnt start or only any good if they could walk in and bump straight into the gear.Also loads jumped on the bandwagon and started labelling everything as wheeler even if it only had a 1/4 at most of that origional red stuff in it.Id say anything being called wheeler stuff now would be far removed from any of that stuff.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, downsouth said:

From the proper wheeler stuff I saw if you got a good one you got a very good one but there were far more that lacked terrier instinct.very dull and wouldnt start or only any good if they could walk in and bump straight into the gear.Also loads jumped on the bandwagon and started labelling everything as wheeler even if it only had a 1/4 at most of that origional red stuff in it.Id say anything being called wheeler stuff now would be far removed from any of that stuff.

Would it have been the bull influence that would have lacked the terrier instinct in them DS or the influence of terriers into them. 

12 minutes ago, chesney said:

Would it have been the bull influence that would have lacked the terrier instinct in them DS or the influence of terriers into them. 

At a guess Id say the bull blood mate as there was some decent old Nuttal blood behind them.

8 minutes ago, downsouth said:

At a guess Id say the bull blood mate as there was some decent old Nuttal blood behind them.

Would they have kept adding the bull blood into it or would they kept breeding to the nuttall stuff would make more sense to keep to the terrier influence but ya never know not all dogs and bitchs are producers either not all matings click is the otherside of it to 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, chesney said:

Would they have kept adding the bull blood into it or would they kept breeding to the nuttall stuff would make more sense to keep to the terrier influence but ya never know not all dogs and bitchs are producers either not all matings click is the otherside of it to 

Tbh mate there wasnt that many matings done.You had the 1/4 bull litter that produced rose aka sally 2.She was bed a couple of times I believe to her litter brother Snapper and also back to her son so all resulting progeny ie Keith,Jester etc were still a 1/4 bull.She was also bred back to a terrier that was bred the same as the terriers behind her which produce charlie 1/8 bull.After that everythi g else was outcrosses and couldnt really be called wheeler dogs although many did label them that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, downsouth said:

Tbh mate there wasnt that many matings done.You had the 1/4 bull litter that produced rose aka sally 2.She was bed a couple of times I believe to her litter brother Snapper and also back to her son so all resulting progeny ie Keith,Jester etc were still a 1/4 bull.She was also bred back to a terrier that was bred the same as the terriers behind her which produce charlie 1/8 bull.After that everythi g else was outcrosses and couldnt really be called wheeler dogs although many did label them that.

Was more bull added to make the likes of Ellis Billy?

1 hour ago, tinytiger said:

Was more bull added to make the likes of Ellis Billy?

Charlie who was 1/8 bull was bred to a bitch who if memory serves me right was a quarter bull but then of course they weren't wheeler dogs anymore even though lads seemed to want to keep calling them wheeler dogs even when Billy was bred to unrelated bitches.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Charlie who was 1/8 bull was bred to a bitch who if memory serves me right was a quarter bull but then of course they weren't wheeler dogs anymore even though lads seemed to want to keep calling them wheeler dogs even when Billy was bred to unrelated bitches.

Was Billy bred back to rose/Sally 2?(his grand-dam)