• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gotta love THL ! It used to be “could a bull x pull a red deer”. Now it’s GSP’s coursing and pulling them !! Cheers.  

It appears you haven’t learned any lesson though ! The lesson you should have learned was that this is the internet….not the real world. You will never meet 99.9% of the members on here, but

Nothing like a self ritious motha fucka we are all in your shadows sir 

24 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Seen a terrier stop a red :) so wouldn’t doubt a gsp doing it 

I had a terrier years ago that tried to pull a cow down wasn't successful in fact ended up getting kicked in his head and lieing flat out on the floor worst bit was he came round and went to go in again 

32 minutes ago, levigsp said:

A 150-350lb deer is small compared to a 700lb deer is it not? And I already said not only was I successful,  but I did post a few photos on this site and there are witnesses on this site that must be laughing at some of the comments.

I had a feeling you would say you were successful, a 350lb deer with a 70lb dog single handed is an amazing achievement, I thought I’d seen some proper deer dogs but nothing that compares to that, fair play levi I’m impressed by your greatness & I don’t think I’ll ever reach your level

1 minute ago, Deerhunter1 said:

I had a feeling you would say you were successful, a 350lb deer with a 70lb dog single handed is an amazing achievement, I thought I’d seen some proper deer dogs but nothing that compares to that, fair play levi I’m impressed by your greatness & I don’t think I’ll ever reach your level

Yep well jel

1 hour ago, levigsp said:

Right at no point did I say I coursed the big European red deer, what I said was   I have three GSPs, one bred in UK all three will kill foxes, cats, take on Boar and pull down European Red Deer                                                                                                                                                      I then went on to say if a 70lb lurcher successfully coursed our small red deer, why wouldnt an 110lb dog not bring down a European deer that wounded? Now lets clarify some things because some of you talk the talk but dont understand things.

I organise driven big game shoots in Poland, Slovakia and Croatia.                          This consists of 15-20 men with rifles standing between 50 and 150 metres apart and shooting at Boar, Roe does, Red Stags, Hinds and calves. Fallow Bucks and Does, Foxes, Racoon, Racoon dogs, Marten, Badger etc, these are driven in their direction by a team of noisy buggers with their dogs. 

Now some of these guns are good, very good, but others are hopeless! so inevitably a few animals get wounded, especially the faster ones. The very fact that they are not only running but often going away behind the line means they are often wounded in the back leg.

Some of you have no clue how far a red deer or boar will run with a bullet in it.  

When the drive is over tracking dogs are brought into the shot site, mostly Teckels or Gonce, and if the deer is down its finished with shotgun solid slug or knife. If the deer is a runner, a Hpr dog is put onto the scent and it catches and pulls down the deer to stop it going into the next county. In my case that is one of my GSPs, but it can be a Weimaraner, GWP, Deutch Drachtaar,  or some such, speed enough to catch and bottle to pull down and hold. Do not for any second be mistaken into thinking this is easy, its far from it as the deer, boar are very alive and pissed off and would heel. Law says they have to be found.

Now it is nearly 30 years since I ran Deer with long dogs and despite what you all think, I was very successful on all quarry as some on this site well know. I also only ever ran one dog at a time on Deer and Foxes, the reason being at a very early age i saw one lurcher killed and another maimed by running into one another. The only time my dogs  ran together with another was at coursing meets. 

Next I post things on here in gest as per the original post or to try and give people a better understanding of how things were or are now in Europe.  

Some of you seem to hate it when someone else has been anywhere or done anything!

Well let me say I do not apologise for the FACTS! and the facts are, I have hunted with dogs a very long time in one for or another, I've shot with gun and rifle all that time and I've participated in every UK fieldsport. Ive hunted in a lot of countries over 4 continents, and I still do.  I still take clients for more Red, Roe and Sika deer than most of you will see in a life time. I have also guided for all the other UK species. I have also fished a lot!.

So if any of you dont like it, or dont believe me[dream on] I really dont care, if I can help one person it make it worth while and if I can wind a few of you green eyes up, that makes my week.

I'm fascinated 2 the point I fear I'm becoming obsessed, how did you get 2 do these things 

I gots 2 know 

13 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

I'm glad I've got Italian greyhound x chihuahuas so I don't have worry about this kind of talk

Just now, Black neck said:

I'm fascinated 2 the point I fear I'm becoming obsessed, how did you get 2 do these things 

I gots 2 know 

You sound abit fiendish here I'd calm your sweet little ass down

57 minutes ago, Penda said:

I had a terrier years ago that tried to pull a cow down wasn't successful in fact ended up getting kicked in his head and lieing flat out on the floor worst bit was he came round and went to go in again 

This deer was riddled with tb but still stoped it lol 

7 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I think over here the GSP is mostly a pet/show dog where the GWP is bred mostly to work. 

I'd place a bet that more of the gwp are worked over here and in Europe then the gsps 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • levigsp changed the title to S