• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gotta love THL ! It used to be “could a bull x pull a red deer”. Now it’s GSP’s coursing and pulling them !! Cheers.  

It appears you haven’t learned any lesson though ! The lesson you should have learned was that this is the internet….not the real world. You will never meet 99.9% of the members on here, but

Nothing like a self ritious motha fucka we are all in your shadows sir 

7 minutes ago, levigsp said:

Not sure what you mean by that. Our Roe are often bigger than Europe, but reds are far bigger over there, same as the Difference between English and Scottish deer.

I meant red deer sorry, low land deer are alot bigger then there Scottish counter parts, midland reds where I hale from take no sheznay 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, levigsp said:

Not sure what you mean by that. Our Roe are often bigger than Europe, but reds are far bigger over there, same as the Difference between English and Scottish deer.

So the euro deer are the size of elk ,genuine question 

30 minutes ago, levigsp said:

Size is dependent on subspecies, the biggest are the Carpathian Mountains weighing ave 1000 lb. The smallest from some of the Mediterranean islands and Scottish highland  are ave 180 lb. English lowland red deer from east anglia average 350lb. Where I hunt in eastern Europe they average 350kg so over double the English sizes. Hope that helps

English lowland red 350 average where you hunt 350 average ? that's the same size ?

1 hour ago, levigsp said:

Size is dependent on subspecies, the biggest are the Carpathian Mountains weighing ave 1000 lb. The smallest from some of the Mediterranean islands and Scottish highland  are ave 180 lb. English lowland red deer from east anglia average 350lb. Where I hunt in eastern Europe they average 350kg so over double the English sizes. Hope that helps

Some going that is if your claiming you've had gsps pull 1000lb deer I wouldn't mind 1 of them in the kennel 

The GWP's over here are used on pigs a lot and seem to have a lot more drive and gameness than the GSP's. Anything you cross with a GSP comes out looking like one, be it greyhound, bulldog or whatever. A lot of Bullarabs look like heavy set GSP's. The wirehairs are good guards as well as hunters.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, levigsp said:

I am not getting into a pissing match, I dont need to but I have posted pics on here of my gsps with Reds at over 700lb and retrieving adult Roe Bucks. You you should think about this- I used to course Red deer weighing between 150lb and 350lb with a dog that weighed 70lb so upto 5 time bigger. So to pull an wondered red weighing 700 is not an issue for dogs weighing 100-110lb. But as anyone knows the dog needs bottle and intellect.

No bodies saying to have a pissing match levi,I'm just stating what you've said your the man you know what your on about I'm a mear peasant who catches a rabbit here and there I'm afraid to say I just look at things from my own perspective but you keep up the good work and enjoy your dogs and theories 

• levigsp changed the title to S