Collecting a pup sunday

I'm collecting a pup on Sunday, he's bred out of a collie grey Saluki whippet grey bitch about 23tts and a coursing bred dog 26tts both parents worked. Just wondering if anyone is running this sort of cross and how there going? 

Edited by James88
  • Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

360 mile round trip but he definitely worth it

Out for a walk this evening about 5 month old I think now, got a good bond with him hes good with the kids not funny round his food or over playfull and he likes to please walks to heal good recall I'

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, James88 said:

I'm collecting a pup on Sunday, he's bred out of a collie grey Saluki whippet grey bitch about 23tts and a coursing bred dog 26tts both parents worked. Just wondering if anyone is running this sort of cross and how there going? 

Closest thing I had to that breeding was a collie grey saluki grey dog he was alrite but could be a muppet at times but I just put that down to me being too young and him being a muppet 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Penda said:

Closest thing I had to that breeding was a collie grey saluki grey dog he was alrite but could be a muppet at times but I just put that down to me being too young and him being a muppet 

I'm used to Saluki X's had them years ago so that's why I went for this type of breeding again but I like the idea of the X with the mother should make them handy field dogs hopefully

8 hours ago, Blackmag said:

If you have enough graft for them there normally a decent pot filler ? but like any mutt you have to put the time and effort in 

He will be my only lurcher so he  should see a bit once he's old enough and get plenty of time put into him, my only other dog is a terrier mix so be good to help get the pup going as well I hope 

• Like 4
12 hours ago, James88 said:

The Saluki blood i have found gives them a liking for deer as well.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

The Saluki blood i have found gives them a liking for deer as well.

Loads around by me but I try steer clear to much bother for me these days but I only got to walk out back of mine there all types fallow, roe, Chinese water deer, muntjac 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, James88 said:

Loads around by me but I try steer clear to much bother for me these days but I only got to walk out back of mine there all types fallow, roe, Chinese water deer, muntjac 

Good luck with your pup mate. What breeding is the coursing dog out of.

12 hours ago, James88 said:

Sounds nice.  Throw a pic up, when you can, mate.  ?

• Like 1