Vinterhunting for mountain grouse

We went out with snowmobiles to the Swedish mountains to tent and hunting on skiis or snowshoes for mountain grouse. We had windy and snowy weather the day then we drove out and the first hunting day. The second day were nice so I could get up on the top of a mountain to hunt with rifle while J and E hunted with dogs in the walley. The third day we had a fantastic sunny weather and nice temperature and wind. The last day it was -28c but E still wanted to hunt and they got several grouses, before we packed up and drove home.

thumbnail_IMG_0509.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0516.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0530.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0532.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0534.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0539.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0549.jpg

Edited by KimE
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Great effort. If its crap weather here we go rat shooting in hen houses or use fox boxes.

As ben said are Country is not set up for it her a small amount and it's shutdown

• Like 1
6 hours ago, philpot said:

Now that is dedication,  I would have thought it is very difficult to even see the grouse let alone manage to shoot them.

Phil

Yes I look for white lumps of snow and see through the scope if its a grouse, they are often on their wings before you see them.

• 2 weeks later...