Egg shortage.

14 hours ago, poxon said:

If I had a local butcher I’d use them as much as I could especially if it was all local produce meats from local farms I’d ask for deals and buy in bulk an support as much as I could. I buy two whole lambs a year I used to pay £120 each but they went up to £150 each because of the processing price went up I buy directly from the farmer he keeps 12 or so lambs back a year for himself an locals who buy direct 

Think you’ll see an increase on that price……..our lambs were averaging £135 a pice at markets last Spring, stick a £50 kill & cut charge on & you’re at £185 per lamb.

15 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Supermarkets drive down prices, farmers respond by driving down on animal,welfare. Its a vicious circle.

Think you’re right on that & it’s now hit the bottom. Now they’re looking to increase margins through screwing customers as opposed to screwing suppliers (cause they’ve screwed them all they can). People need to start looking elsewhere as opposed to automatically pulling into the Tesco/Sainsbury’s/Asda/ Morrisons car park

• Like 2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of eggs here my oxford ginger are laying very well an got plenty of honey from my bees ? 

i can go on a drive for ten minutes and go to 5 honesty boxes with eggs at a quid for half a dozen jig  supermarkets again same as tomatoes there greedy c**ts want everything for penny’s 

Just home from work to find my buddy has dropped off...chicken,  duck and goose....hit me up ? 

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, tank34 said:

Anyone can get a county parish holding  number you can buy from market or farmers , you can kill an butcher  yourself , you don't have to own or rent land to get cph number ?

don't you have to get a certificated slaughter man in to home slaughter

30 minutes ago, greg64 said:

don't you have to get a certificated slaughter man in to home slaughter

As long as you humane despatcher and don't sell your meat don't think you do in less law changed ?

• Like 2