Egg shortage.

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

It's a good move putting the consumer more in touch with the producer imo. But one trick ponies like that will have limited draw imo. Small outlets scattered all over which have a collection of 'the basics' ie bread milk eggs butter bacon sausage some veg and maybe some long life canned stuff would be more attractive to consumers to make the effort. But yeah vending machine type things would make the low intensity. Supermarkets are easy hence their success, to make this type of model a success it needs to focus on being easy too. Again jmo. Lots of smart people in the sector, probably a good reason why I'm wrong.

Welcome to my world ? But joking aside is that not what Farmers markets are all about? Obviously without the vending machines Lol.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of eggs here my oxford ginger are laying very well an got plenty of honey from my bees ? 

i can go on a drive for ten minutes and go to 5 honesty boxes with eggs at a quid for half a dozen jig  supermarkets again same as tomatoes there greedy c**ts want everything for penny’s 

Just home from work to find my buddy has dropped off...chicken,  duck and goose....hit me up ? 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, paulus said:

Welcome to my world ? But joking aside is that not what Farmers markets are all about? Obviously without the vending machines Lol.

There you go, see knew someone would have the answer. :laugh:

I guess I would say again they aren't 'easy'. You need to make the effort and as such people like me will just f**k off the idea and go sainsburys ten mins down the road.

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

There you go, see knew someone would have the answer. :laugh:

I guess I would say again they aren't 'easy'. You need to make the effort and as such people like me will just f**k off the idea and go sainsburys ten mins down the road.

Deliveroo. Lol. 

3 hours ago, jukel123 said:

43 million laying hens have been killed because of bird flu. Hence the shortage. There is a worry that bird flu will transfer to a mammal species ( ferrets and mink are the most likely) and then on to man.

Intensive farming is becoming more and more extreme. Livestock is being pushed beyond its limits. The overuse of antibiotics amongst animals is an increasing problem. Time to reflect on the sustainability of cheap food. Of course cheap food is desirable, but not at the cost of another pandemic and farm animals kept in overcrowded, inhumane housing. Increasing resistance  to antibiotics and viruses which mutate across species is a perfect storm. We need to clean up our act.

2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I am sure you can buy eggs a decent price from smallholders. But that's arguing from the specific to the general. The slaughter of 43 million birds is bound to affect supermarket supply.Anyway what about Connor Benn? Poor lad will fade away without his eggs.

Its time the big supermarkets took a hit anyway,an the birds are probably caged an in bad nick,we need to buy more from local anyway,loosen the grip from the clonglomorates

What loophole is that born?

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Its time the big supermarkets took a hit anyway,an the birds are probably caged an in bad nick,we need to buy more from local anyway,loosen the grip from the clonglomorates

people still think supermarkets are cheap ? 

0BFFF9EA-5F23-4BC1-B4C8-8DC19A9BAA14.jpeg

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, paulus said:

Bird flu has already been found in Fox`s and Badgers, There was a thing on about it a couple of weeks ago on the News. 

I was reading that lateral flow tests are being  developed in case of widespread human transmission. 

2 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Supermarkets drive down prices, farmers respond by driving down on animal,welfare. Its a vicious circle.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Supermarkets drive down prices, farmers respond by driving down on animal,welfare. Its a vicious circle.

local butchers for me for meat but it is a bit steep 51196FD2-0607-4950-BFE6-EFF2E8A9EB51.png.3b71702c640c1557d663e31ca7bf0f17.png

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I was reading that lateral flow tests are being  developed in case of widespread human transmission. 

I thought the lateral flow tests that were used at the beginning of the pandemic, were tests for SARS H5N1, maybe its another one for scooty12 and  Franchie  Lol. 

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

local butchers for me for meat but it is a bit steep 51196FD2-0607-4950-BFE6-EFF2E8A9EB51.png.3b71702c640c1557d663e31ca7bf0f17.png

On my mobile, so pics ain't 100% clear, but that belly pork and pork chops look great.

Is the price per kilo, Gooey?  ?

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

If I had a local butcher I’d use them as much as I could especially if it was all local produce meats from local farms I’d ask for deals and buy in bulk an support as much as I could. I buy two whole lambs a year I used to pay £120 each but they went up to £150 each because of the processing price went up I buy directly from the farmer he keeps 12 or so lambs back a year for himself an locals who buy direct 

• Like 2

One of my permissions, 2 miles away, still has hundreds of free range chickens.......... they're funny little fuckers, they get up the apple trees, they have dust baths in the flower beds, they peck me while I'm trying to shoot rabbits. They even jump in my car if I leave the door open :laugh:

The old girl that owns the place is happy for me to take a few eggs if I give her some rabbits or pigeons. 

I prefer that to shopping :thumbs:

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, kanny said:

Just home from work to find my buddy has dropped off...chicken,  duck and goose....hit me up ? 

20230301_170135.jpg

People who flaunt their wealth by conspicuously showing off their rolexes and eggs often end up getting mugged. You deserve everything that happens to you.

Edited by jukel123
  • Haha 3