A brace ??

Popped up to the farm to do a recce for tomorrow night and a night ratting with the rimmy. I took the Hornet with me and threw a couple of rounds in my pocket just in case as I’d seen a fox outside the chicken run last week. A quick squeak on a new caller I’d bought recently and a vixen came flying in. Bang, down she went. I disposed of it and put my gear away ready to get off when I looked down the field again with the spotter and saw another right on her line. I dashed back for the rifle, got set up and pursed a squeak. Fox number two on the night after he came in really close ??

6B45D06B-7C34-425B-8350-1787B0369E87.jpeg

3ADB645D-AED8-4556-AB08-5284EEBD84E9.jpeg

• Like 8

I need to get out more in the country, work seems to have me on the foxes at all sorts of commercial premises at the moment.

I have a massive plant hire firm, a car importer, telecoms giant etc., etc., all with fox issues at the moment, and the schools just keep coming with them.  At a school in west London tonight.  

Still have plenty of farms, Golf courses, stables, country estates etc., but don't seem to get out on them so much at the moment!

• Like 3

I suspect these were dropped foxes. There was one on last week, but very cagey, didn’t want to know a call. This week two and both came in like trains and there was another watching as I was leaving!  

2 minutes ago, cragman said:

I suspect these were dropped foxes. There was one on last week, but very cagey, didn’t want to know a call. This week two and both came in like trains and there was another watching as I was leaving!  

Do you get many drop offs round your way ?

14 hours ago, Deker said:

I need to get out more in the country, work seems to have me on the foxes at all sorts of commercial premises at the moment.

I have a massive plant hire firm, a car importer, telecoms giant etc., etc., all with fox issues at the moment, and the schools just keep coming with them.  At a school in west London tonight.  

Still have plenty of farms, Golf courses, stables, country estates etc., but don't seem to get out on them so much at the moment!

Could always sub it out to me mate ??

23 hours ago, Deker said:

Well, last night didn't work out, 62 mile round trip, got there 5.00pm and bloke had forgotten and gone home, spoke to another guy there who was going home at 6.30, said I could get on with things until then.

Waste of time, cleaners, a few staff, even pupils still on site and messing about, by the time the site was sorted it was time to leave, the plan was, I would have been there until 23.00-24.00.  Now they will ruck over the bill, invoice has to go in to these!!

Back to the farms asap, just turn up and get on with it as long or short a time as I want!! :good:

• Like 3