Rabbits and a bonus fox

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a call from work to shift a few bunnies undermining an embankment. Managed 17. Spilled the guts onto the moor and stood a 100 yards away calling in Charlie. This vixen came in in a matter of minut

Oh I'm gutted to hear that.     And I've told you before, I'm not your mate.

Managed to steal 40 minutes of spare time tonight before being called back to reality. Nice to know the ballistic calculator works though, 2nd one was 78yds scope worked out holdover spot on. 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, BenBhoy said:
WWW.BLACKWOODOUTDOORS.CO.UK

The Pard NV008S LRF features an all new compact design, inbuilt 1000m LRF and integrated ballistic function for...

Pard 008S lrf mate. Ideal on rimfire. 

I've rigged the 455 with a reach forward and going back to the wee sytong. It's took plenty and never played up and now it's in a more natural position .

Posted the Wulf back today.

Not going there again! Every NV scope I've borrowed or had on trial has been shite! I'm not wealthy enough it seems so bollocks to it!IMG_20230305_132430.jpg.51e075bca900fec8ca39bae87c265886.jpg

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 3

I have the Pard 007v and on the Hawke Airmax / Airmax compact it is pretty good but not on all scopes. My buddy has a couple of the 008 and loves them, one is going on my hmr to see how I get on with it. Nice thing with the 008 is that you can program in different setting for differnt distances .

Phil

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Are those compact airmax OK on centrefire Phil? 

Yes they are Compact Ben, I use them on all my guns including 22lr and hmr/wmr. They have on two 007v units produced the best image, we tested on MTC scopes which were shite and not that good on Hawke Vantage / Endurance.  I do prefer the Airmax Compact to any other scope I have used for normal use but of course it must be said that I have not tried any of the expensive scopes as they are too rich for me anyway.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, philpot said:

Yes they are Compact Ben, I use them on all my guns including 22lr and hmr/wmr. They have on two 007v units produced the best image, we tested on MTC scopes which were shite and not that good on Hawke Vantage / Endurance.  I do prefer the Airmax Compact to any other scope I have used for normal use but of course it must be said that I have not tried any of the expensive scopes as they are too rich for me anyway.

I understand some top end scopes have infrared filters which impares  NV performance.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, borderboy said:

Would a pard nv008 be suitable for a .243 as an all-rounder? Deer in the day mostly from high seats and occasional foxes at night.

In that scenario I'd go pard nv007 mate. Hakf decent glass is gonna be better than the 008 day image (not that much wrong with it) and then nip 007 on "occasionally" at night 

• Like 2
On 05/03/2023 at 13:33, Sausagedog said:

I've rigged the 455 with a reach forward and going back to the wee sytong. It's took plenty and never played up and now it's in a more natural position .

Posted the Wulf back today.

Not going there again! Every NV scope I've borrowed or had on trial has been shite! I'm not wealthy enough it seems so bollocks to it!IMG_20230305_132430.jpg.51e075bca900fec8ca39bae87c265886.jpg

If it works it works mate. Too many (and I've been guilty of it) want the newest shiniest must have kit. But when your our on your own, in the dark, who cares about cost or model number, so long as it gives you confidence when you squeeze. 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

If it works it works mate. Too many (and I've been guilty of it) want the newest shiniest must have kit. But when your our on your own, in the dark, who cares about cost or model number, so long as it gives you confidence when you squeeze. 

Spot on Benjamin .Too many lads on the likes of Instagram trying to get lads to part with high money to do a low end tools job .Boils my wee wee that one .

1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

This will send Mitch / villaman into a frenzy BUT I still have two NiteSite nv units, viper and wolf, work a treat, old hat but pay their way every time I use them.

Phil

• Like 3
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

I agree. I can’t fault my Wraith which is on my Hornet. Compared to the latest gear it’s old hat but boy does it do it’s job. Having said that, I’ll be buying an Alpex soon to go on the 243 ??