Sleep deprivation

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you f**kers wanna try a good days graft.Up at 5.30 and out with the dogs for 1/2 hour 45mins.All day concreting/slabbing/bricklaying/fencing etc.Out for at least another hour with the mutts wh

You need to burn off a bit more energy then instead of sitting around in your armchair all day telling whoppers on thl about how far you walk 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Its a b*****d that having a piss dream isn't it 

Posted Images

mine`s all over the place, back injury has really fukced me up, sleep for anything from 30 minutes to 3 hours but that will be at any time, think it`s working out at a max of 4 hours in any 24 hour period, talking with others who had similar injuries pre-covid the waiting time for surgery was 2 years god knows what it will be now, time to catch the underside of a train!

Interesting fella that Matt Walker. I listened to the Rogan podcast a while ago and he was recently on Hubermans podcast. Makes you realise how important sleep actually is after listening to him!

Walker has his own poddy now. I haven't checked it out yet mind.

WWW.SLEEPDIPLOMAT.COM

• Like 1

I suspect he lays it on a bit thick ($ to be made) but I do respect a lot of what he says. Many people are constantly looking for the next super food or supplement or exercise when really they’d be better off just getting better quality sleep.

The concept of more sleep = progress is at odds with the current paradigm of “be a savage”. Famously Arnold said “sleep less!” which has been mimicked by many more athletes who brand themselves as being more ‘extreme’ than us mere ‘average’ mortals. There’s an endless list of catch phrases that epitomise that thinking.

This guy is a breath of fresh air and I think has given more prominence to science driven athletes and successful professionals. People who see value in the “be a f***ing savage” mantras, but as a tool for forming a really strong motivational part of their identity but are smart about applying it. They know when it becomes damaging.

• Like 1

I have a real problem with sleep or lack of it. 4 hours max is normal for me, every night. Always exhausted/fuzzy and it affects my memory too. Did some tests etc and even the neurologist was giving it WTF. Something to do with my deep sleep pattern being half as long as it should be. Can’t take pills because they leave me like a smack head. Best sleep I ever have is after a mushroom session :laugh:

4 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I have a real problem with sleep or lack of it. 4 hours max is normal for me, every night. Always exhausted/fuzzy and it affects my memory too. Did some tests etc and even the neurologist was giving it WTF. Something to do with my deep sleep pattern being half as long as it should be. Can’t take pills because they leave me like a smack head. Best sleep I ever have is after a mushroom session :laugh:

They say smoking green or being drunk stops you from going into rem sleep,the most important sleep lol so ive read mate

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Francie, said:

They say smoking green or being drunk stops you from going into rem sleep,the most important sleep lol so ive read mate

Don’t smoke or drink during the week mate. 

@Daniel cain I used to be fine with 4-5hrs. Had a seizure a couple of years ago and suddenly it came to a head. I never even thought about it until the Dr brought it up after that sleep machine test. He was shocked that I was still able to function :laugh: 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Have a kid with Autism. Lucky to get a full night's sleep. Between three and five hours most nights. After eight years if that, and it's taking its toll on me.

We got 3 lads with autism and 2 with adhd aswell mate..

Sleeping patterns are crazy..up all night and sleep all day..like a gang of owls lol..

The wife is awake till about 5am every night..lots in her family are the same weird sleeping patterns..

I'm in the kitchen at 5am getting ready for work..and 1 of them will be cooking chicken and chips or something else for dinner.. 

I just stand there thinking this is fecking crazy ??

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, king said:

Sleeping patterns are crazy..up all night and sleep all day..like a gang of owls lol..

The wife is awake till about 5am every night..lots in her family are the same weird sleeping patterns..

I'm in the kitchen at 5am getting ready for work..and 1 of them will be cooking chicken and chips or something else for dinner.. 

The ex used to work the Yank market, so I’d end up cooking her steak dinners and shit at 4am thinking the same thing :laugh:

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Don’t smoke or drink during the week mate. 

@Daniel cain I used to be fine with 4-5hrs. Had a seizure a couple of years ago and suddenly it came to a head. I never even thought about it until the Dr brought it up after that sleep machine test. He was shocked that I was still able to function :laugh: 

Only time I get over 8 hrs,is if I'm pissed,so probably 4 times a yr max? in my early 20's I was a nightwatchmen on a golf course on the weekends,used to work 7am till 4 pm in the week as a greenkeeper would finish Monday morning and straight out on the greens etc...all the time Inbetween I spent digging,lamping and catching moles....after that I went Shopfitting,12 hr shifts, permanent nights...these days if I have any spare time out of work and not doing the family thing then I'm up and out with the dogs and on the ground as it gets light?  

out this morning at 6am after rat shooting last night,few hrs ferretting,set a load of mole traps and then some ratting,dropped my sidekick off back home for 6:45 pm...be lucky to get to bed before 12:30/1:30am back up at 5:30,sort animals and work...probably catch up with me one day ?DSC_3836.JPG.c325341dc31ae46cd0a91faa5965a3d2.JPGDSC_3837.JPG.8c6eb9c7483ae2628335c8d7f164c42f.JPGDSC_3835.JPG.5fdca883612611154c22f9e10547c59e.JPG

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Only time I get over 8 hrs,is if I'm pissed,so probably 4 times a yr max? in my early 20's I was a nightwatchmen on a golf course on the weekends,used to work 7am till 4 pm in the week as a greenkeeper would finish Monday morning and straight out on the greens etc...all the time Inbetween I spent digging,lamping and catching moles....after that I went Shopfitting,12 hr shifts, permanent nights...these days if I have any spare time out of work and not doing the family thing then I'm up and out with the dogs and on the ground as it gets light?  

out this morning at 6am after rat shooting last night,few hrs ferretting,set a load of mole traps and then some ratting,dropped my sidekick off back home for 6:45 pm...be lucky to get to bed before 12:30/1:30am back up at 5:30,sort animals and work...probably catch up with me one day ?DSC_3836.JPG.c325341dc31ae46cd0a91faa5965a3d2.JPGDSC_3837.JPG.8c6eb9c7483ae2628335c8d7f164c42f.JPGDSC_3835.JPG.5fdca883612611154c22f9e10547c59e.JPG

I was the same when I lived in Blighty. Easy to do when you don’t live in a city. At least an hour for me to get anywhere near nature :cry:

3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Why did they need a nightwatchman on a golf course mate?

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, king said:

f**k me mate. Thought we had it tough. My lad looks for pancakes lol. If I started making chicken and chips at 5am, rest a the greedy fuckers would be up for some?

• Haha 1