CBD oil

Anyone try this for a battered oul dog,....it was recommended to me so I thought I'd give it a try,it's sonics third day on it so a bit soon yet to make a judgement,...he's on anti inflamitories and a pain killer(just in case) 

IMG_20230225_084923.jpg

Edited by jigsaw

Not the animal stuff (just what is that by the way), but I tried some of the CBD stuff a couple of years back, you can get assorted sweets, gums, oils, whatever!

Frankly it did nothing for me, tasted horrible and was silly money!

• Haha 1

I was told it speeds up healing and will help with all round vitality condition....so based on some other person's opinion we said we'd try it....it can't hurt the poor lad anyhow,he's really after ageing in the last few months

Tis shite watching an old warrior deteriorate mate .Ratting yesterday, I looked at the old Pat bitch I have and the memories  of past digs came flooding back as I chatted to a lad who been on a few with her ,she waddled after a rat that the young un stole .She’s 13 going on 20 and wants to fight everything ,a last blow out I guess .She’s a real softy at home with her daughter but hates  anything else .

Be a very sad day when she’s gone .

Hope your dog gets the relief it deserves mate .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I was told it speeds up healing and will help with all round vitality condition....so based on some other person's opinion we said we'd try it....it can't hurt the poor lad anyhow,he's really after ageing in the last few months

Good luck, hope it works! :good:

• Thanks 1

Yeah FD,it's terrible to watch him stagger about,..I'm not joking but I spent more time in his company than the wife .....almost ..lol...the dogs I've now aren't a patch on him,and I've lost a bit of interest since his retirement,..cause I can't be certain they can get every job done ,unlike the old feller used to...their still up for a bit of craic but he was a determined dog

Anyhow here's the rest of the info on the CBD stuff

IMG_20230225_092811.jpg

IMG_20230225_092757.jpg

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Yeah FD,it's terrible to watch him stagger about,..I'm not joking but I spent more time in his company than the wife .....almost ..lol...the dogs I've now aren't a patch on him,and I've lost a bit of interest since his retirement,..cause I can't be certain they can get every job done ,unlike the old feller used to...their still up for a bit of craic but he was a determined dog

Anyhow here's the rest of the info on the CBD stuff

IMG_20230225_092811.jpg

IMG_20230225_092757.jpg

Hope it helps him mate ? 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Is sonic your first cross saluki greyhound? Can you put some pics up of him in his prime, I was thinking of breeding some first crosses in the future 

• Like 2

His sire was a 85 lb greyhound dog...his dam was a pure saluki bitch...she took fox,deer and hares regular,...the great bit about his breeding was he was bred by a 22 year old girl,who was keen as mustard,and who is now a very successful greyhound trainer,...he had very good stamina,could put a hard day in ,had a few long courses,and worked with a pack of hounds for 4 seasons...I'd have another in a heartbeat 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Cracking Looking Dog in his Youth Jig??

He was a big brute of a dog ,with a great temperament ,obedient and a pleasure to own,.. hopefully I can find something similar in time

• Like 1

I would give human grade CBD to the terrier's after a hard dig or have just gave it to them when there a bit off... A full syringe... Equivalent to about 3 human drops .... Let's just say when they see it, they definitely don't turn there nose up lol.

• Haha 1