At last....

On 04/03/2023 at 11:52, Stavross said:

The price of thermal scopes has dropped a lot recently because everyone is launching the next generation, pulsar have brought out the duo, 4k colour combined with thermal, saying that, the price is still mental, I’ve used load of different thermal scopes and what I found is you still need top of the range for them to be good enough Hik’s stellar 50, is a cracking scope and has had about 700 quid knocked off it, but it’s still 3grand 

That Senopex A7 i bought recently is an absolute cracking foxing scope. One push of a button and you are on 14 mag with no discernable pixallation meaning long shots are easily doable (A) if you have to and (B) if you are up to it. However, as you say anything thermal that is any good is expensive. 

Of the current crop of n/v scopes i have been quite impressed with the Pard. It is excellent in daylight and at dusk and more than capable at night.  The built in range finder and laser i/r is a bonus as well. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...the Wulf nails a vixen. Screaming her head of and very much still in season I moved in and she came my way. Just 60yds or so. 17 HMR. Slightly out of focus but I did ok. I

I did the same with a blade of grass , but I put it between the cheeks of my arse , and just waited till I farted, worked quite well , the odd rambler weren’t to impressed tho 

If that is a dig at rifle shooters it is a poor one. In the forty + years that i ran lurchers i killed my fair share of foxes using lip squeaks, polystyrene on a mirror and cassete tape between a

Posted Images

On 02/03/2023 at 21:33, Sausagedog said:

Got similar one myself. It's just tried to kill two peacocks on a little smallholding.

Baiting and camera go down tomorrow. 

Its funny how you can get to know individual animals after you hear and see them a few times.

Well this fellows luck ran out tonight. He came into the field from the furthest corner around 7.30pm. By seeing him on the camera and at various locations on the farm we managed to plot his pattern of movement. We surmised he would enter the farm where he did and that it would be early in the evening and he didn’t disappoint. Spotted with thermal shot with n/v, a really wary 14lb dog fox that won’t be killing any lambs this spring.

3FA71281-85E3-4000-8697-F3673F6B389C.jpeg

• Like 6
7 hours ago, ianm said:

Well this fellows luck ran out tonight. He came into the field from the furthest corner around 7.30pm. By seeing him on the camera and at various locations on the farm we managed to plot his pattern of movement. We surmised he would enter the farm where he did and that it would be early in the evening and he didn’t disappoint. Spotted with thermal shot with n/v, a really wary 14lb dog fox that won’t be killing any lambs this spring.

3FA71281-85E3-4000-8697-F3673F6B389C.jpeg

Nicely played Ian ??

• Like 1