Day light robbery

Bangersanmash

Yesterday morning had a visit to the vets with the terrier. Her ears were playing her up shaking of the head an scratching vigorously to point making them ears sore. Anyway to cut the story short. Vet did a swab of the ears went in the back came out an says she's got an infection in the ears. Which the vet knows this just from viewing her ears. 

She prescribed her with some antibiotic ear drops an ear solution. £37.99 for ear drops an £20 quid for solution £30 quid for swab. 

Me being me thought Al have a look see what these ear drops are all about on Google the rating. Turned out the ear drops were only £7.99. Vets charged me £37.99 for same ear drops £30 quid on top lol. But what got me is when she says give it two weeks for the ear drops to work. If they don't work we will send a swab off for testing ? So im thinking.     " You've just done a test in the back " . Or did you just go in the back room twiddle your thumbs think right al go back now pull this guys pants down an spank him out of another £30 quid so will try knock it upto the around £100 quid mark consultation too. The wife was begging me not to go back in kicking off but a was livid at the time.

Not much about the solution it was the test an the ear drop price that did me. Her saying will have to send it off for testing " After her ment to of Done the test in the back room ". The vets I use is vets4pets at pets at homes. Don't get me wrong the care plan for the dogs is great £10 for terrier an £14 lurcher. This is a month for vaccination booster a year then parasites treatment. So fleaing an tick treatment every month advercate an worming treatment then kennel cough shot up nose once a year get a free check up once a year and money off some stuff too. But the price of medication has shocked me. Image of the otomax from vetuk doesn't even come to 20 quid lol

Screenshot_20230223_105418_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230223_105315_Chrome.jpg

my young Russell bitch started chewing on the end of her tail, back and forth twice,for a couple of pills...in the end I went back and payed for a  months worth of antibiotics,and a collar ..well the collar made no difference whatsoever,infact caused more damage ?silly dog was spinning about bashing and catching it....after a month I started giving her a hay fever tablet once a day and using kids eczema cream...was sorted in 2 weeks,fur grown back around her neck and tail ...total cost under £10...my bill to and from  with the vets was £620 and didn't help one bit..they have no f***ing clue,I despise them,robbing cnuts?

• Like 3

Most Medicines Vets prescribe are more likely than not something that is available to Humans, But has been approved and licensed for dogs, So marketed under a different name,  Its this approval and license bit that costs the money, Take Tramadol, Vets will give dogs Tramadol to dogs whilst they are in there care for pain relief,  But they are not allowed to give you a prescription for it to you as its has not been approved or licensed for dogs, 

Most everyday vet prescriptions are available for a fraction of the cost if you are willing to look into it. In fact the old ways often work just as good, Scratching ears and them smelling yeasty is often plain old ear mites, Thornit powder or good old cod-liver oil will work, 

I've got some now on there way hopefully be here by Monday coming. The wife was like ffs here we go lol. Me ranting at the receptionist. With screen shot of the price at vetuk £7.99 ffs you b*****ds charge me £37.99 an 30 for a ear swab to tell me then if it doesn't work will send it off for testing. What Was that she did in back room after leaving me. Stood there looking at her watch.. Right al go back in now and hit him with another 30 quid ? ? Honest unreal. I've got drops solution to clean them first and some cotton sticks for less than 20 quid. But im going to get some powder for her feet something about canker. It was a pal who told me about canker. That the dog will pass it about from her ears to her paws and vice versa. She keeps shaking her head an crying alot restless. 

9 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

my young Russell bitch started chewing on the end of her tail, back and forth twice,for a couple of pills...in the end I went back and payed for a  months worth of antibiotics,and a collar ..well the collar made no difference whatsoever,infact caused more damage ?silly dog was spinning about bashing and catching it....after a month I started giving her a hay fever tablet once a day and using kids eczema cream...was sorted in 2 weeks,fur grown back around her neck and tail ...total cost under £10...my bill to and from  with the vets was £620 and didn't help one bit..they have no f***ing clue,I despise them,robbing cnuts?

True horrible b*****ds danny they prey on people. Which some are green mate that will pay them prices. That's the reason they go ahead and do it. 

Rinse the ears let her shake the head but not excessively,then antibiotic drops,if can tape ears back to allow air circulation help speed up the process,as for the feet,get some sheep Dip in a spray bottle not diluted too much and spray give her a walk so she's not going lick off straight away you'll be back normal in no time 

12 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

True horrible b*****ds danny they prey on people. Which some are green mate that will pay them prices. That's the reason they go ahead and do it. 

Some of the stories i hear from folks who have used the well known vets in Rotherham beggar's belief mate one case was an owner of a small shitzu type dog had eaten an after 8 mint and they panicked and took the dog to the vet were they did tests and gave it something to vomit but wanted to keep the dog overnight in their hospital that would have costs the owners 400 notes.