Aviary ideas please

4 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

How are you using next doors compost on your veg?

I'm f***ing not am on about when bin men take the b*****d grass bin. The grass clipping an leafs an rest of garden waste gets turned into compost. Then you've got c**ts like this mowing over garden to pick dog shit up scruffy c**t. Then puts mower back in shed basket sinking. No shame some people. You've miss read the post mate if you think I'm using next doors grass for compost. ? 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been busy inbetween the snow delays lol got a slab base down and shed erected last weekend Then managed to get the flight up and inside partition sorted today  

That's one of my flight rooms 15ft long by 10ft depth hight 8ft 

Mine has a porch to enter, then a door to the shed for nest boxes and sleeping and a separate door to the flight so one big enclosed area 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

I'm f***ing not am on about when bin men take the b*****d grass bin. The grass clipping an leafs an rest of garden waste gets turned into compost. Then you've got c**ts like this mowing over garden to pick dog shit up scruffy c**t. Then puts mower back in shed basket sinking. No shame some people. You've miss read the post mate if you think I'm using next doors grass for compost. ? 

Ahh got you 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MrsChamp606 said:

Been busy inbetween the snow delays lol

got a slab base down and shed erected last weekend

47F5F46E-D2D4-4BDC-9003-F2CB78CF544B.jpeg.1f536caeee14ff6bf70796fe20ff20e7.jpeg

Then managed to get the flight up and inside partition sorted today

2C312EF4-6D01-47E6-93BC-96293AA4EEFF.jpeg.0e90c8b5e3653fd616bc9586004389fb.jpegA43FC1C9-D0AC-4B92-BE11-902393DEDD47.jpeg.b198c5972607c1b720e17a4a2f8992db.jpeg

F2B4A469-A828-4052-AF10-CC920512DA4D.jpeg

Put some timber trimming round the bottom of the outside flight area stop all unwanted seeds blowing out onto the land. " Just prevents you getting unwanted rats an mice then mate " About a foot or two up from bottom of flight 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Put some timber trimming round the bottom of the outside flight area stop all unwanted seeds blowing out onto the land. " Just prevents you getting unwanted rats an mice then mate " About a foot or two up from bottom of flight 

I used to have a couple of snap back mouse traps in each outside flight and had them under upside down plastic flower pots and i just cut some little mouse holes in the pots,i never had a bird go into a hole so never had any unwanted catches.. 

I'd would also paint the wire black as you will see the birds so much better and  use a roller as it's a pain with a brush..:victory:..

Cracking little set up and the best of luck with it....

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, fireman said:

I used to have a couple of snap back mouse traps in each outside flight and had them under upside down plastic flower pots and i just cut some little mouse holes in the pots,i never had a bird go into a hole so never had any unwanted catches.. 

I'd would also paint the wire black as you will see the birds so much better and  use a roller as it's a pain with a brush..:victory:..

Cracking little set up and the best of luck with it....

I've a mouse ? now in one of my indoor flights baffled me how the hell it's got in lol. Because it's all the walls are pvc cladding 3 by 2 inch lengths of timber on the bottom of the flights no damage on the timber an one side wire quarter inch a can't see a mouse getting through that can you ?

You can just see a hole in the easy bed chip on the floor little b*****d an mouse dropping all over. Last season a caught one on a sticky board good things them boards. A put them down for all creepy crawlies on top of the cages maybe thinking a might get some red mite. But birdroom Was clean due to me smoking the place out before the season started. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

I've a mouse ? now in one of my indoor flights baffled me how the hell it's got in lol. Because it's all the walls are pvc cladding 3 by 2 inch lengths of timber on the bottom of the flights no damage on the timber an one side wire quarter inch a can't see a mouse getting through that can you ?

You can just see a hole in the easy bed chip on the floor little b*****d an mouse dropping all over. Last season a caught one on a sticky board good things them boards. A put them down for all creepy crawlies on top of the cages maybe thinking a might get some red mite. But birdroom Was clean due to me smoking the place out before the season started. 

Any hole a biro pen will fit in a mouse can squeeze through i was once told by a old bird man and after seeing what some of our bigger wildlife can fit into i'd say he wouldn't be far wrong to be honest and i did used to catch mice regular outside in my flights both wood and house mice...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fireman said:

Any hole a biro pen will fit in a mouse can squeeze through i was once told by a old bird man and after seeing what some of our bigger wildlife can fit into i'd say he wouldn't be far wrong to be honest and i did used to catch mice regular outside in my flights both wood and house mice...

A know they can flatten them self really thin can't they the little twats. I've just set a big cheese snapper with a nice lovely bit of homemade short bread on lol. My lad wasn't happy me giving the mouse some of the biscuit  ? greedy b*****ds eaten about 10. 

• Haha 1

Thanks gents… last few bits and bobs to do…

put the fence back up and some sleepers as edgers and 6x1 timber around the bottom of the fence, got 6 tonne of wood chip to finish off the area hopefully tomorrow.

any suggestions for any plants I can put in pots inside the flight that the birds will like?

19 hours ago, MrsChamp606 said:

31EFD035-0A57-4BF3-B6A9-F61C94E70C0F.jpeg.7d077d032bcd5c0ec9542bffb448b920.jpegC5175A5B-78D2-47BD-B3B8-8D0D2F2ECEF2.jpeg.ceb4011ad33bb913715ee280962da94c.jpeg

They love fern but need to be decent size though otherwise the birds will just bash it to death then you'll have no ferns at all lol. My uncles out door flights had them in all trimmed to fit the flights. The birds used to love to nest in them more natural. 

Edited by Bangersanmash
  • Thanks 1