poor Hare

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I once watched a hare shoot it sickened me there's no sport in surrounding a field with folk and flags yet you can't give a hare a sporting chance with one dog  but you did that hare a favour tomo fai

Shot a hare yrs ago, it cried like a baby, I swore id never lift a gun to a hare again and never have, much rather see a chase.

Yip some calling it sport, but each to there own

Posted Images

My question was "why not sell a few days to coursing lads" answer was they were shot to keep the b*****ds off the land, heard most were buried, again each to there own 

22 hours ago, brambles said:

My question was "why not sell a few days to coursing lads" answer was they were shot to keep the b*****ds off the land, heard most were buried, again each to there own 

That’s not each to their own that’s wicked. I have always said if you kill a game animal you eat it or put it in the food chain somehow. The argument for pheasant shooting, deer stalking etc falls apart when you start burying edible game. 

• Like 4

Your spot mate it is wicked, 80 % of those hares we're trundling along aimlessly after being moved on by beaters before meeting they're demise, and plenty shot as they sat on their haunches to have a look at what was infront of them

On 18/02/2023 at 08:04, foxdropper said:

Only reason I ask mate is that there’s a problem in our hares here with mixie like symptoms .Swollen eyes but not pussy and internal organs inflamed .They are blaming spray put on rape .

A place I go got less and less hares over a 15 period. From a lot of hares to very few, and not down to shooting or hunting. 

The numbers though have increased dramatically the last few years and now I come to think of it the only change on this farm is them stopping growing rape a few years ago. 

• Thanks 1