Some sad news

A shoot local to me , that I have been helping on in various capacities/ beating, picking up , loading and pest control for 27 years has it appears shot it’s last pheasant. It is now in a Defra controlled zone because of AI and won’t be releasing birds next year . 
              They have I think taken a massive financial hit last season , and the shooting rights are now up for let and all the rearing equipment is being sold off . I haven’t spoken to the keeper yet as it still early days and he must be feeling down . Even though I suspected that they might be in trouble it still came as a shock to hear that it was finished , they have been shooting on this estate since 1959 . 

07E2ED75-AC45-4AE4-960B-AF6069280F44.jpeg

• Sad 3

Is that beaters day there mate .That drive was superb when I shot it .That partridge  i poached in front of you will be forever engrained .Sad day though mate and keeper must be gutted .Is there no chance of it getting back up running when this flu shit runs its course .

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Is that beaters day there mate .That drive was superb when I shot it .That partridge  i poached in front of you will be forever engrained .Sad day though mate and keeper must be gutted .Is there no chance of it getting back up running when this flu shit runs its course .

Yes that’s the drive mate , on that beaters day. 
As regards getting up and running I know of a couple of interested parties who are negotiating the sporting possibilities. 
         I think the keeper is relieved it’s all over . I’ve never seen someone look as downhearted. 
          But it will never be the same . It’s always the people who are involved that make a shoot what it is . When it finishes, they scatter to the four winds , and things change forever. 

• Thanks 2