Rickets possibly in pup

Any one have much knowledge on possibly rickets in a pup 

So I got 2 pups from the same litter fed them gain puppy and minced chicken tea time 

Mornings were gain puppy with lambs milk powder 6 days in to this 1 pup had a noticeable bent left leg toes bent in over.

Bit ov google seems as I'm giving too much calcium so stopped the lambs milk pups leg straighten up after 3 days

So I bought some propper calcium powder 4 days in leg starts to bend out again stop powder in days her leg is good 

My issue is her sister who's is fine and no issues has a mental 15mins flying about at full speed 

The other one who had the issues only like runs 20 yards then walks besides me and never seems to run flat put or has a crazy 10 min so I feel like there is still a issue som we're

She is fine in her self I can't see any issues with her leg it looks good 

Also when she walks she has one foot in front of the other like a nice trot but when she runs both front legs are together not like a trot I'm asking that as sure a saluki has a different gait when they run am I right 

20230214_181059.jpg

She will have what’s called hollow spots inside the bone and this makes even walking painful . Keep her on a low protein/calcium diet for a month restrict her exercise and she should come good. 

6 hours ago, ferretgirl29 said:

So I got 2 pups from the same litter fed them gain puppy and minced chicken tea time 

Mornings were gain puppy with lambs milk powder 6 days in to this 1 pup had a noticeable bent left leg toes bent in over.

Bit ov google seems as I'm giving too much calcium so stopped the lambs milk pups leg straighten up after 3 days

So I bought some propper calcium powder 4 days in leg starts to bend out again stop powder in days her leg is good 

My issue is her sister who's is fine and no issues has a mental 15mins flying about at full speed 

The other one who had the issues only like runs 20 yards then walks besides me and never seems to run flat put or has a crazy 10 min so I feel like there is still a issue som we're

Also when she walks she has one foot in front of the other like a nice trot but when she runs both front legs are together not like a trot I'm asking that as sure a saluki has a different gait when they run am I right 

20230214_181059.jpg

Had it befor twice actually ans both times cured in 2/3 weeks by putting it on low protein adult food , cheaper the better , some times irrelevant of what people mite say banging to much good food in a pup can make it grow quicker than its bones can develop,  like Say had it twice ans both times put on cheap adult food with low protein and it cam good in less than a month , my mate had same problem and his came good doing same thing , 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, ferretgirl29 said:

20230214_181059.jpg

not all dogs are the same some will toe out abit i wouldn’t say pup in the picture looks out of the ordinary it’s growing ain’t it 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ferretgirl29 said:

So would you say cut the minced chicken out or down and maybe change the dog food or just try cutting the chicken out 

Cut out the chicken for a while and feed a low protein dog meal. 

6 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Had it befor twice actually ans both times cured in 2/3 weeks by putting it on low protein adult food , cheaper the better , some times irrelevant of what people mite say banging to much good food in a pup can make it grow quicker than its bones can develop,  like Say had it twice ans both times put on cheap adult food with low protein and it cam good in less than a month , my mate had same problem and his came good doing same thing , 

Cheers for that will try some adult dog food she is 3 months old 
Also like iv said when she runs seem like both front legs are tied together and  when she runs they are both like together not running separately of that  makes sense 

3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

not all dogs are the same some will toe out abit i wouldn’t say pup in the picture looks out of the ordinary it’s growing ain’t it 

Like I mentioned her left leg was well bent out and stopped the calcium she straighten up fine and toes were bent in over all good now 
I put the pic up incase some could spot any slight difference 
Also like iv said when she does run it's like both front legs are tied together and runs together like a rabbit hops if that makes sense rather than running separately if that makes sense 

7 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

I've seen a lot worse come right. 

She is way better now I stopped the calcium 
It's when she runs it's not flat out you can tell there something not right 
Like both front legs are tied together rather than running like they do when they trott 

• Like 1