Brexit. Success? Too early to judge? Disaster?

53 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Was Brexit to blame for every other country in Europe having rampant food inflation aswell ?

WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

Food price inflation in the UK began to fall in January, but the situation in the EU couldn't be more different.

Cheers.

This doesn't suit his narrative so will be ignored lol

• Like 3

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A success in the vote, an abject failure in the execution, thanks to the establishment, the political class, the House of Lords, all of who won’t accept the result of a referendum, a popular vote, mos

Funny that... I've set up 3 new business in the brexit and post brexit period,  The technology business (Atmos-Clear) isn't easy and requires a lot of investment, we've secured, government a

The shithouse remainers tried everything to reverse Brexit but couldn’t, so they decided to oppose everything about Brexit and blame everything on Brexit, just so they could say “I told you !”. I

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, kanny said:

This doesn't suit his narrative so will be ignored lol

There was someone on, surprisingly, Sky News that completely debunked the assertion that Brexit is to blame for food inflation in the UK.

The UK is around mid table, and Germany has higher food inflation than the UK.

Its easy to find a report to suit any narrative, far harder to find, (and for some to take), the truth !

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sandymere said:

FB_IMG_1682681222733.jpg.a9fb3e3ea0411046beb4257655e8016b.jpg

Funny that...

I've set up 3 new business in the brexit and post brexit period, 

The technology business (Atmos-Clear) isn't easy and requires a lot of investment, we've secured, government and private investments. The only downside is trying to send goods into Europe, but again the Department of International trade have been very helpful and assisted greatly with contract and deals overseas, especially in the middle East and the USA... success of this business will be down to the product and our ability to keep up...technology is racing along in this country, we are a small cog but there are loads of opportunities.

I've set up a building business alongside my long standing steel frame and cladding business, this allows us to undertake main contractor works, cut out the middle man... me, my brother and a very close friend and long time business partner set up 2 months ago, we have won over a years work already and started the first build yesterday....the long term company has well over 18 months of work on the books, with a lot more tendered for...buildings are booming..

We set up the holiday letting business after selling my wife hair salon at the start of covid... Good first year, we struggled a bit in January and February compared to last year...but now booked through the summer and started getting booking into December... people are still spending money in the country thats for sure!

Now I could read every depressing story out there, blame the government for everything (and there is loads they f**k up) .. but I've always been one to have a go regardless who's in power and who is pulling the strings... there has been rich and poor since the beginning of time... id help out anyone, and I do, but I won't pretend one political party will be better than the other as they are all.the same... Brexit for me is still the right choice, and I believe time will show this...I can only use my real life experiences and not memes or news stories as they are easily twisted and hold little weight to me

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
22 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Funny that...

I've set up 3 new business in the brexit and post brexit period, 

The technology business (Atmos-Clear) isn't easy and requires a lot of investment, we've secured, government and private investments. The only downside is trying to send goods into Europe, but again the Department of International trade have been very helpful and assisted greatly with contract and deals overseas, especially in the middle East and the USA... success of this business will be down to the product and our ability to keep up...technology is racing along in this country, we are a small cog but there are loads of opportunities.

I've set up a building business alongside my long standing steel frame and cladding business, this allows us to undertake main contractor works, cut out the middle man... me, my brother and a very close friend and long time business partner set up 2 months ago, we have won over a years work already and started the first build yesterday....the long term company has well over 18 months of work on the books, with a lot more tendered for...buildings are booming..

We set up the holiday letting business after selling my wife hair salon at the start of covid... Good first year, we struggled a bit in January and February compared to last year...but now booked through the summer and started getting booking into December... people are still spending money in the country thats for sure!

Now I could read every depressing story out there, blame the government for everything (and there is loads they f**k up) .. but I've always been one to have a go regardless who's in power and who is pulling the strings... there has been rich and poor since the beginning of time... id help out anyone, and I do, but I won't pretend one political party will be better than the other as they are all.the same... Brexit for me is still the right choice, and I believe time will show this...I can only use my real life experiences and not memes or news stories as they are easily twisted and hold little weight to me

Brilliant post and fair play to you.

Some people just dont get the fact we all know we are being shafted but a great deal of people in this country will crack on, work hard and make the best of what they have adjusting to what ever is thrown at them. 100% more respect for them than the whining, whingeing, something for nothing mob that are making all the noise in this country at the moment, posting self righteous shit made up memes to try to make a point.      

• Like 8