Brexit. Success? Too early to judge? Disaster?

9 hours ago, paulus said:

Its a shame i am now to old to even consider it, 20 odd years ago if the situation was like it is here now, then i would have moved my family of that i am sure. 

Nah bollocks - I reckon you can go whenever you're up for it ??

I'm thinking about f***ing off before we're 50.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A success in the vote, an abject failure in the execution, thanks to the establishment, the political class, the House of Lords, all of who won’t accept the result of a referendum, a popular vote, mos

Funny that... I've set up 3 new business in the brexit and post brexit period,  The technology business (Atmos-Clear) isn't easy and requires a lot of investment, we've secured, government a

The shithouse remainers tried everything to reverse Brexit but couldn’t, so they decided to oppose everything about Brexit and blame everything on Brexit, just so they could say “I told you !”. I

Posted Images

14 hours ago, tillylamp said:

that is a shame bud, i don't know if there is a cut off age here or not....i think Australia has unless you can support yourselves....moving here has been one of the best things i have done i my life, i now live in the middle of nowhere, countryside around me for miles mate, if i have to go to the town it's a 2 hour round trip, it's like a step back in time here i don't have to lock my front door at night or even my truck/workshop, you just buy a fishing license and go fishing practically where ever you like...rivers/lakes....you can go camping/caravan on crown land for free....there's miles and miles of hiking/atv/side by side trails for leisure, and if you want to extend/build your house you ask for a building permit and away you go, they keep a check on your work then pass it off at the end....i'm in heaven lol......     

think it's 45 yrs old  for Canada ?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

think it's 45 yrs old  for Canada ?

i just had a check for my own knowledge bud.... and it turns out, there is no age limit to immigrate to Canada.....if your younger and score higher on points you stand a lot more chance of getting here quicker than older....if your older and have a wealthy bank balance to support yourself you wouldn't be turned away....

There is no specific age limit requirement for any Canadian immigration program. That said, in most categories of economic immigration, applicants 25-35 receive the maximum points. That doesn't mean older applicants cannot be selected.

1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

Got a mate wanting to emigrate to Canada he does confined space work tank cleaning would there be any call for that?

that's obviously a job your mate does....but what title would you put to what he does....sorry bud, but I've never heard of that sought of job....they are crying out for carpenters/labourers, health workers, restaurant trades etc.etc....i think the country is planning on so many millions of emigrates over the next 5 years i think it is.....it's a really good time for anyone wanting to emigrate to other countries and it would probably get processed quicker as well i would have thought.... 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

that's obviously a job your mate does....but what title would you put to what he does....sorry bud, but I've never heard of that sought of job....they are crying out for carpenters/labourers, health workers, restaurant trades etc.etc....i think the country is planning on so many millions of emigrates over the next 5 years i think it is.....it's a really good time for anyone wanting to emigrate to other countries and it would probably get processed quicker as well i would have thought.... 

thats my whole family ready to go, all trades and health, get the house ready youve got new lodgers

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

thats my whole family ready to go, all trades and health, get the house ready youve got new lodgers

the coffee pots on....and how do you have your eggs for breakfast......sunny side up or over easy....lol lol

On 03/03/2023 at 15:57, chartpolski said:

I’ve hunted a few times down under, Australia and New Zealand, and I know some states have brought in some hunting restrictions, such as the number of dogs you can have in certain areas, what types of dogs can or can’t be used on certain quarry, but compared to the UK both countries are a hunting utopia compared to the UK.

Rabbit, hare, fox , pigs, goats, deer, ferals are all legitimate quarry, I don’t know the gun laws, but they aren’t as restrictive as here in the UK, but like a lot of western countries there are the left wing “liberals” who would love to see hunting and shooting banned ?

Cheers.

i thought hare coursing was banned in australia chart?

My missus actually said the other day “When are you coming home?” I said “Go to the window,show me what it’s like outside?……………See you when it thaws” Canada,great country but………..

D2BECF7F-C4B1-4843-B1E0-00990D072588.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, tillylamp said:

i just had a check for my own knowledge bud.... and it turns out, there is no age limit to immigrate to Canada.....if your younger and score higher on points you stand a lot more chance of getting here quicker than older....if your older and have a wealthy bank balance to support yourself you wouldn't be turned away....

There is no specific age limit requirement for any Canadian immigration program. That said, in most categories of economic immigration, applicants 25-35 receive the maximum points. That doesn't mean older applicants cannot be selected.

You can also get a visa through your kids mate,a family “Super Visa” lasts for 5 years then you get a further 2 year extension,Canada is big on family.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, mackem said:

You can also get a visa through your kids mate,a family “Super Visa” lasts for 5 years then you get a further 2 year extension,Canada is big on family.

really mack thats interesting to know....that would be handy if i did have kids so it wouldn't apply for me but someone could benefit from it..... 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

really mack thats interesting to know....that would be handy if i did have kids so it wouldn't apply for me but someone could benefit from it..... 

yes mate parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and PR’s are eligible for the super visa.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, tillylamp said:

The son in law is a coded welder I keep telling him and my daughter to give Canada a go it's the daughter who is holding them back due to two of the kids schooling and not a day goes past were she is not on the phone to her mother. 

• Like 2

My auntie went to Canada when she was 17, she's in her 70's now. She still calls the UK home but has only been back a handful of times in all those years. She says she lives with home sickness every single day and it gets worse the older she gets. I always think how sad it is that the country she's homesick for doesn't exist anymore. 

• Like 4