Brexit. Success? Too early to judge? Disaster?

There was a top level meeting today between remainers, brexiteeers and big business today. The aim was to address how we progress as a country now that Brexit has happened.

How has Brexit been for you personally?

Many people  opted for Brexit to bring down immigration, but immigration has risen. Immigrants used to come from the EU states, now they come from non EU states.

My hope for Brexit was that wages and conditions would improve for ordinary people , but I can't see that happening as yet.

Thoughts? Experiences? Anybody  brexiteers now regret Brexit? Anybody reckon it's been a great success? I haven't got any particular drum to beat, I'm just curious.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A success in the vote, an abject failure in the execution, thanks to the establishment, the political class, the House of Lords, all of who won’t accept the result of a referendum, a popular vote, mos

Funny that... I've set up 3 new business in the brexit and post brexit period,  The technology business (Atmos-Clear) isn't easy and requires a lot of investment, we've secured, government a

The shithouse remainers tried everything to reverse Brexit but couldn’t, so they decided to oppose everything about Brexit and blame everything on Brexit, just so they could say “I told you !”. I

Posted Images

A success in the vote, an abject failure in the execution, thanks to the establishment, the political class, the House of Lords, all of who won’t accept the result of a referendum, a popular vote, most of whom have personal financial and political advancement’s that they put way, way above the wishes of the people……

Cheers.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
22 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

A success in the vote, an abject failure in the execution, thanks to the establishment, the political class, the House of Lords, all of who won’t accept the result of a referendum, 

Perfect summation.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

There was a top level meeting today between remainers, brexiteeers and big business today. The aim was to address how we progress as a country now that Brexit has happened.

How has Brexit been for you personally?

Many people  opted for Brexit to bring down immigration, but immigration has risen. Immigrants used to come from the EU states, now they come from non EU states.

My hope for Brexit was that wages and conditions would improve for ordinary people , but I can't see that happening as yet.

Thoughts? Experiences? Anybody  brexiteers now regret Brexit? Anybody reckon it's been a great success? I haven't got any particular drum to beat, I'm just curious.

It’s all a big Globalist Con. I voted Brexit 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, chartpolski said:

A success in the vote, an abject failure in the execution, thanks to the establishment, the political class, the House of Lords, all of who won’t accept the result of a referendum, a popular vote, most of whom have personal financial and political advancement’s that they put way, way above the wishes of the people……

Cheers.

Bang on the money ?.

10 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

The whole process has been f****d by remainers. It could have gone a lot better so far.

:good::good::good:

Remainers are still remainers and want us back in.  They are still doing everything they can to screw up Brexit, they just can't accept it.   If they would just stop bellyaching and get on with making it work we would all be better off!! 

Edited by Deker
  • Like 3

The Gamedealer I used to do all right from shut because of Brexit .No longer a viable root to export venison .
As a result the deer have been left to multiply and I’m now having to cull them 10 at a time to please a dealer who travels from Dorset .He’s paying more than the original dealer so yes Brexit has done me a favour ??????

Business wise I see no change at all .

Thinking more, my main gripe is 12 bottles of wine, I used to bring back 100-150 bottles on my fairly regular trips to France but that has all stopped now.

Interestingly, I note the French would actually like to drop the restrictions, as their supermarkets are noticing the reduced trade!!!  There was always English voices all round the wine aisles and shopping trolleys bulging.   

To be honest, if you enjoyed your wine, you could easily pay for your trip, and more, in the savings you made!!!

:yes::good:

• Like 1

I believe that in one small way i have benefited from Brexit as some one who works in a unskilled job the company i work for realised that we could not easily be replaced by agency workers and after i had a conversation with a high up manager secured a bonus scheme saying the money on the hourly rate was not good enough and lads were on about leaving we now have a deal with job and done and a bonus that makes us 400 notes a week for 26 hours that would not have happened with an unlimited amount of cheap labour from the EU. The class 1 drivers also got a substantial pay rise.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1