Hunting partners

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes it's good to just do your own thing...... Cheers.  

only time I hunt with others,is when they want something from me( help to get something going normally/ or keep their permission because they to scared to dig/kill something with their own dogs?)not m

I'd recommend grinder ,I've met some extremely friendly lads 

Posted Images

Been out hunting with some good lads off this site. Genuine lads. Most are a good few hours drive away so it’s hard to get out as often as I’d like. Over the years we’ve helped each other out with bits of kit and advice. Life always seems to be busy so you just got to do the best you can. 

Edited by white van man
  • Like 7
54 minutes ago, white van man said:

Been out hunting with some good lads off this site. Genuine lads. Most are a good few hours drive away so it’s hard to get out as often as I’d like. Over the years we’ve helped each other out with bits of kit and advice. Life always seems to be busy so you just got to do the best you can. 

Apart from that eejit from Hampshire you took out once...the one with the leaky boot and the crap black and tan prick eared sheepdog. He was a waste of space.?

• Haha 1

bean  out  with 1 lad off here years ago had a smart saluki x grey bitch so meets up and sets off so gets talking i said how old is youre dog he said 2  i thought to meself she is deffo 3 plus so i said have had her from a pup he said no i bought as a worker o i said so what she like now i am nocking the lad he was decent but green to lurchers       reason i took him out cut it short this dog new its job and could see she had a few a seasons under her  goes out again she does her thing very good dog to be fair  gets a phone call off the lad would i have the dog for free sad realy if i had the space i would of took her no problem  i said to him try and find a good  home for her  few days later he phoned me the dog has gone to a young lad friend of the family  so i was made up were she went  atb tony    

With regards to hunting partners. I have one lad who moved locally last year and we go out a lot, and two lads who live 5-6 hours away who come to mine regular sometimes just for the night and sometimes for a week to ten days at a time. The one drive 6 hours with a leg in plaster for an afternoons bushing and a night in the pub and then drove 6 hours home in the morning. Mad. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

With regards to hunting partners. I have one lad who moved locally last year and we go out a lot, and two lads who live 5-6 hours away who come to mine regular sometimes just for the night and sometimes for a week to ten days at a time. The one drive 6 hours with a leg in plaster for an afternoons bushing and a night in the pub and then drove 6 hours home in the morning. Mad. 

thats not mad mate thats being keen i youse love all that make the most of it my mate is 80lol i kid you not fit as fiddle his spanials are bang on and hes a deadly shot i am the  oppesit ive always had terriers and lurchers not botherd about shooting just dogs but its all good i tell every 1 i am his carer ha atb tony

5 minutes ago, tonyormy1 said:

thats not mad mate thats being keen i youse love all that make the most of it my mate is 80lol i kid you not fit as fiddle his spanials are bang on and hes a deadly shot i am the  oppesit ive always had terriers and lurchers not botherd about shooting just dogs but its all good i tell every 1 i am his carer ha atb tony

Plenty of spaniels catch more than terriers, in cover etc.

Obviously, depending where you live, and what ground is available to you.

3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Plenty of spaniels catch more than terriers, in cover etc.

Obviously, depending where you live, and what ground is available to you.

ive never sean it to be  fair mate i do alot of beeting and have only ever used me terriers the land i go on is thick bramble roe dendrums in blocks of woods with rides cut through them spanials are very good and flush pick up and work to whistle were as the terrier will   get in to log piles coverd in thick brambles and all the nasty parts thats were terriers excell and put plenty of birds up for the guns and a few bits they will catch    

3 hours ago, shaaark said:

Yep, in and out of water.

In fact, my next dog will probably be a spaniel.

Problem?!

I keep thinking about a cocker or a cross I miss the terrier when the ĺrunners mark heavy cover ,but I don't miss it keep disappearing under the sod 

No problem ? 

8 hours ago, Black neck said:

I keep thinking about a cocker or a cross I miss the terrier when the ĺrunners mark heavy cover ,but I don't miss it keep disappearing under the sod 

No problem ? 

My 'problem' question was said in a jocular fashion, blacky, not an obtuse one ??