Hunting partners

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes it's good to just do your own thing...... Cheers.  

only time I hunt with others,is when they want something from me( help to get something going normally/ or keep their permission because they to scared to dig/kill something with their own dogs?)not m

I'd recommend grinder ,I've met some extremely friendly lads 

Posted Images

I've got my young lad and brother in law. Brother in law only got into it a couple years back but had took like a duck to water no bother at all always on time and we just gelled knowing what each other are doing or where to stand when ferreting etc. Another 2 lads come out and have some good craic he even took it well when I bought him a pink dummy from a shop one morning when the dog dint do as well (I bet he'll read this ??)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

only time I hunt with others,is when they want something from me( help to get something going normally/ or keep their permission because they to scared to dig/kill something with their own dogs?)not met anyone consistent enough,in and out of things,into the next...they always come out with some sort of bullshit excuses, there's a very  small handful I will make the effort for because they are sound and have looked after me,expecting nothing in return....I prefer my own company these days,and do as I please?

IMG-20171230-WA0001.jpg

• Like 14
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

only time I hunt with others,is when they want something from me( help to get something going normally/ or keep their permission because they to scared to dig/kill something with their own dogs?)not met anyone consistent enough,in and out of things,into the next...they always come out with some sort of bullshit excuses, there's a very  small handful I will make the effort for because they are sound and have looked after me,expecting nothing in return....I prefer my own company these days,and do as I please?

IMG-20171230-WA0001.jpg

Funny that ! I have given a lot of hunting gear away tracking collars ferret finders even a bellman and flint recently with a split shovel to go with ? Iv gone out of my way slot for people over the years tbh been shit on a few times , but Same no constant enough anymore I can get out most days with work now I just move shit around ?‍♂️ 

• Like 1

I occasionally go with others but iv always prepared to 99% of the time to go on my own just the dogs in tow it's more quiet more fast just need to focus on runs for my dogs so less time on land and you stand out a lot less or maybe I'm just antisocial 

• Like 1

All those who have been pissed  off by others …have you ever thought it was you who pissed them off .Some seem to think very highly of themselves .Not many about who walk the talk tbh .Met loads that talk a good un but knew feck all in the field .

I mix with quite a few lads ,all good at what they do and mad for it .
The trouble comes when one lad wants to monopolise my time cos that ain’t happening .I go out with a lad with a hawk ,another couple lads with terriers and a lad who’s mad for the gun .

Being truthful for me is worth more than talking the bollocks ,wearing the gear and looking for likes .

• Like 2
1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

All those who have been pissed  off by others …have you ever thought it was you who pissed them off .Some seem to think very highly of themselves .Not many about who walk the talk tbh .Met loads that talk a good un but knew feck all in the field .

I mix with quite a few lads ,all good at what they do and mad for it .
The trouble comes when one lad wants to monopolise my time cos that ain’t happening .I go out with a lad with a hawk ,another couple lads with terriers and a lad who’s mad for the gun .

Being truthful for me is worth more than talking the bollocks ,wearing the gear and looking for likes .

I hear there's a waiting list on them jam tarts

• Haha 1