A new old addition...........

I did a deal with a chap on another forum over the weekend for a .25 BSA Supersport. It was posted yesterday and, arrived this morning :thumbs:

I've called rifles 'Keepers' over the years and, it really hasn't happened. 

However, this is where the enjoyment lies for me - simple, solid rifles with a bit of history to them.

Plus, both with basic 4x32 duplex scopes.

The Supersport isn't 'Mint' - it's around 26yrs old and in very good condition. 

The Beeman C1 is as good as the day that Jimmy and Si finished working on it :yes:

Depending on work, I'm hoping to get these 2 down to Black Cat for a good session on the weekend  ??

........... I've got a pack of targets here that I bought over a year ago and haven't fired at a single one yet.

IMG_20230207_105554.jpg

IMG_20230207_105639.jpg

• Like 4

It's unusual to have a straight stock with no pistol grip. I know I cannot shoot a straight stock on a shotgun anymore as I am so used to pistol grip with palm swells but never tried on an air rifle. Apart from your new gun, where the hell have you been hiding, it's very quiet on here Jon without you mate.

By the way, try to get hold of some AA Fields in .25 as they are I think the lightest pellets, I used them all the time in my Impact and they worked really well so in a sub 12 springer, they should be spot on. Let me know if you can't get hold of any as I may still have some you could try, in fact I still have a few different types of .25 but the AA were the best for both my pal and my Impacts even though they were fac.

Phil

• Like 1

Cheers Phil - Hope you're well mate :thumbs:

I keep popping my head in here - I just haven't done anything worth telling you all about for ages.

Yes, the stock on the C1 does look awkward but, it works surprisingly well.

The Supersport came with some old Rhino pellets and some FTTs - I will get an order in for some more that I fancy trying....... Thanks for the tip on the AAs :thumbs:

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

They look well together jon

And as for you saying a rifle is a keeper 

Well seems to me that the old beeman is a keeper son you have looked after her well son she still looks good mind 

Atvbjimmy ???

That one really is a keeper mate - the history behind it speaks volumes :thumbs:

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

That one really is a keeper mate - the history behind it speaks volumes :thumbs:

She is a little bueaty Jon mind at one point she was a wreck 

Took some work to get her looking like that lol

Then it went to si, s for him to do his magic on her 

And when you take it to the range she gets some attention she dose 

With lads lining up to have a go of her it looks stunning Jon 

Atvbjimmy ???

• Like 1

I managed a quick nosey at the Supersport before work today - I swapped the mounts for another Dampa mount that I had in the box.

There's no weght on the FTTs that came with it but, after a quick look on line, I set the Combro to 20gns.

........ It all looks ok - they're a bit of a snug fit. I have no info at all on the Rhino pellets but, they fit much easier.

I don't think the silencer does much for it but, the shot cycle is pretty tame.

IMG_20230209_100639.jpg

IMG_20230209_100814.jpg

IMG_20230209_100907.jpg

IMG_20230209_100339.jpg

IMG_20230209_100330.jpg

On 07/02/2023 at 18:10, Jonjon79 said:

Cheers Phil - Hope you're well mate :thumbs:

I keep popping my head in here - I just haven't done anything worth telling you all about for ages.

Yes, the stock on the C1 does look awkward but, it works surprisingly well.

The Supersport came with some old Rhino pellets and some FTTs - I will get an order in for some more that I fancy trying....... Thanks for the tip on the AAs :thumbs:

I have bsa supersport .25 tried most pellets AA pellets are to heavy for it , but marksman 25. Are Surprisingly good and lighter 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, villaman said:

I have bsa supersport .25 tried most pellets AA pellets are to heavy for it , but marksman 25. Are Surprisingly good and lighter 

What weight are those Mitch, I thought that make was no longer made.

4 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

I managed a quick nosey at the Supersport before work today - I swapped the mounts for another Dampa mount that I had in the box.

There's no weght on the FTTs that came with it but, after a quick look on line, I set the Combro to 20gns.

........ It all looks ok - they're a bit of a snug fit. I have no info at all on the Rhino pellets but, they fit much easier.

I don't think the silencer does much for it but, the shot cycle is pretty tame.

IMG_20230209_100639.jpg

IMG_20230209_100814.jpg

IMG_20230209_100907.jpg

IMG_20230209_100339.jpg

IMG_20230209_100330.jpg

I bought one of these new in the nineties. The bore is tight (.243) on them. Some pellets, such as h&n ram point wouldn’t even fit in the breech. The original milbro rhino’s fitted well but are no longer made I believe?

• Like 1