Bearded collie cross greyhound breeder

1 hour ago, neil b said:

Right from the off I couldn’t bond with mine, she would blatantly ignore me, when I had her second jab I even had the vet test her hearing as I was convinced she was deaf, he dropped his keys on the floor to which she looked off the table at then knocked on the wall, again she looked at that, like I say we are only just on the same sheet now, I have a half x border and a half x kelpie both of which take great delight in pleasing me, the beardie does it as and when I suits her, 

I think I'd have to agree with that. Although the two other beardie crosses I had were more sensitive (possibly because of the border blood) she was definitely less 'attached' to me. I was just the bloke who took her out and let her off the lead. Well' maybe that's a tad oversimplified but the beardie crosses with border blood were definitely out to impress in comparison.

Of the three I'd say the one I gelled with best was probably the one with equal amounts of beardie and border, but that could easily be for any number of other reasons e.g. he was male, he only had 1/4 greyhound etc.?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If its just the rough coat your after I'd recommend a deerhound, beddy or bitza your life will be a lot easier. 

I would give anything with beardie blood in it a wide birth they are as strange as the come, stick to the border blood imo.Iv one here she’s coming up 4 years old and only now are we starting to sing

Right from the off I couldn’t bond with mine, she would blatantly ignore me, when I had her second jab I even had the vet test her hearing as I was convinced she was deaf, he dropped his keys on the f

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, dodger said:

I had a Hancock beardie border x saluki whippet greyhound cost me 60 quid he was shit hot ? 

An old mate of a mate, had one bred exactly that way.

Was a fabulous lamper, caught practically everything he was slipped on.

2 minutes ago, dodger said:

He didn't live in north west or North Wales did he 

South wales.

To be fair, the dog was great.  Even though I don't like beardies or salukis!!  Lol ?

Must've been the whippet, border collie and greyhound in him, that made him such a good dog.  ? lol

Edited by shaaark
30 minutes ago, dodger said:

He wasn't called nipper was he as that was what my dog was called and I sold him to someone from that way, one of my regrets selling him but I had no choice at the time.

No, mate.

Was bought as an 8 week old pup.  Was brought on sensibly and fairly slowly, then made a cracking working dog.

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1