WHAT’S THE FUTURE FOR LURCHER WORK ?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re so right Luckee, nothing is lost until you give up trying to fight for it. Unfortunately that appears to be where the lurcher world is right now and as someone with a great affection for runnin

I am in contact with Ed Swales from Hunting Kind. They are trying to put forward the case for 'natural hunting' which means that hunting with dogs (all dogs, as in fox hounds, beagles, harriers, terri

Dont think you will change the mind of the green party full of arrogant mixed up c..ts had a good day yesterday bolting  to the dogs 

Posted Images

These new laws/rules are worldwide, driven by the UN with each country having mandates to meet ,it's without doubt a brand-new level of madness. With each passing year, I question & ponder these matters and realize this world is not the one I was brought up in ,It's something I would never have imagined in my wildest dreams ,ponkers running the damn country now.

• Like 2

That legislation is so flawed?

What if the man with the gun,..wounds the rabbit....and how quickly does this Bird of Prey, dispatch a rabbit?

Surely a nice gentle, fetch back to the handler is preferable,..especially to the poor old rabbit...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 8
2 hours ago, OldPhil said:

What if the man with the gun,..wounds the rabbit....and how quickly does this Bird of Prey, dispatch a rabbit?

Surely a nice gentle, fetch back to the handler is preferable,..especially to the poor old rabbit...?

PHL_7316.JPG

It can take quite a while for a BOP to dispatch a rabbit depending on the species of bird, Size of the bird.  experience of the bird  and the size of the rabbit, Most of the time the falconer completes that task. How is that any different to a dog that retrieves live to hand!  Absolutely Bonkers mate. 

2 hours ago, OldPhil said:

PHL_7316.JPG

Your whole life is lurcher work you live and breathe it you still do...

Why not spend your later years defending it... You will get a lot of help and go to the big sky knowing you did the best you could to your best friend ?

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Your whole life is lurcher work you live and breathe it you still do...

Why not spend your later years defending it... You will get a lot of help and go to the big sky knowing you did the best you could to your best friend ?

You.can fly birds at any quarry except protected species, even deer and fair play 2 the falconry lads 

• Like 1

Flawed is an understatement. The people who made the decisions have no clue how it works because they have never done it because they are obviously dead against it. Yet they have the cheek to wipe out thousands of peoples hobbies and sport just like that. Be like me going into builders yard and telling some one how to build a house when I haven't got a clue .I saw a post on a FB group of a day out ferreting. There was old folks middle age and kids boys and girls. All having a great day out and catching few rabbits. Lovely to see. Them pictures should be rammed in the face of the morons that think they rule the place. It really is disgusting 

Edited by terryd
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1