WHAT’S THE FUTURE FOR LURCHER WORK ?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re so right Luckee, nothing is lost until you give up trying to fight for it. Unfortunately that appears to be where the lurcher world is right now and as someone with a great affection for runnin

I am in contact with Ed Swales from Hunting Kind. They are trying to put forward the case for 'natural hunting' which means that hunting with dogs (all dogs, as in fox hounds, beagles, harriers, terri

Dont think you will change the mind of the green party full of arrogant mixed up c..ts had a good day yesterday bolting  to the dogs 

Posted Images

If it’s the same as the bill in England regarding wild animals with dogs, it’s the chasing that’s illegal. Even if your dog retrieves… as lots of people get done for hare coursing, even if there dog chases but dosnt catch the hare… so I very much Doubt that if you have a soft mouthed retriever, you’ll still be f****d if you get caught. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

If it’s the same as the bill in England regarding wild animals with dogs, it’s the chasing that’s illegal. Even if your dog retrieves… as lots of people get done for hare coursing, even if there dog chases but dosnt catch the hare… so I very much Doubt that if you have a soft mouthed retriever, you’ll still be f****d if you get caught. 

It would depend on wording of the bill. But going by the letter you could argue.

there is a old victorian law if you are caught taking rabbits on a sunday its classed as game namely coneys on a certain day and they will have you in the courts  when we were kids me and 2 mates got charged  we all got a 5pound fine and pay a pound a week for 5 weeks and a hiding off me mam for the fine

• Haha 3

look here lads, its about time somebody made a stand against all this silliness , yer cant go after a bunny unless its fekin dead, i cant believe im reading all this bilge, so im about to make a stand, so ups i get, im standing, somebodys gotta make mt tea, im peggin out here,                    yer be awreet,    eh im still standin 

• Haha 3

Just bin talkin to.my neighbour from.upstairs, she came down borrow my chip pan, she says , what's up.keith, your all stressed out, so I says no wonder, just look.at.some of these topics , she nearly passed out, I had to console her, lol, i. need to go back upstairs Keith, i need my medication after reading that lot , eh,  pmsl I'm.awreet though lads , I've had mine 

10 hours ago, RossM said:

It’s very very vague but it does read that providing certain criteria and conditions are met then you will still be within the law 

Where does it say that ?? 

are you not seeing “ the chasing and killing of wild mammals by dogs wilI not be allowed “ written there in black and white …

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tonyormy1 said:

there is a old victorian law if you are caught taking rabbits on a sunday its classed as game namely coneys on a certain day and they will have you in the courts  when we were kids me and 2 mates got charged  we all got a 5pound fine and pay a pound a week for 5 weeks and a hiding off me mam for the fine

same thing happened to me on a private estate up here

• Like 1

the thing is with this is town cops will be oblivious to the rabbiting law as they have their hands full with junkies house breaking fights stabbings and all sorts to be honest but rural cops will be on the ball with it though in saying that i remember back in the day there was a spot up in perth we used to get the train to it was on the land get a couple of hares and back off and train back home home being just near glasgow me and a mate were waiting on the train home and had a couple of hares in an old post bag this cop turned up and asked us where we had been and where did we get the RABBITS and that was a rural cop who didnt know the difference so you just dont know

• Like 2
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Where does it say that ?? 

are you not seeing “ the chasing and killing of wild mammals by dogs wilI not be allowed “ written there in black and white …

That’s a very valid point, so I read it as if a dog chases and kills a wild mammal then that’s breaking the law, therefore if a dog chases and catches a mammal for humane dispatch that may not be against the law? 

clutching at straws probably 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, RossM said:

That’s a very valid point, so I read it as if a dog chases and kills a wild mammal then that’s breaking the law, therefore if a dog chases and catches a mammal for humane dispatch that may not be against the law? 

clutching at straws probably 

Fair play but you know as well as I do how that would go down . 

• Like 1