WHAT’S THE FUTURE FOR LURCHER WORK ?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re so right Luckee, nothing is lost until you give up trying to fight for it. Unfortunately that appears to be where the lurcher world is right now and as someone with a great affection for runnin

I am in contact with Ed Swales from Hunting Kind. They are trying to put forward the case for 'natural hunting' which means that hunting with dogs (all dogs, as in fox hounds, beagles, harriers, terri

Dont think you will change the mind of the green party full of arrogant mixed up c..ts had a good day yesterday bolting  to the dogs 

Posted Images

On 24/02/2023 at 16:16, The one said:

I think they where looking to make a example of the first folk caught since the law changed and these guys fitted the bill , but with pointers i thought they may be carrying a gun ?.

The bad news is the new Act has not yet come into force, so those involved will have been prosecuted under the old 2002 Act. Now if you think that's bad and ridiculous (which most right minded people would), then just imagine what it's going to be like once the new Act does actually come into force and rabbits have the same level of protection as hares. It will be absolute mayhem.

In all honesty, you lads really do need to get off the pot and start to get your act together. otherwise you're likely to be faced with a similar situation in England and Wales after Labour get voted into power in about 18 months time. 

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 23/02/2023 at 19:07, scotty12 said:

What comes around goes around  ….. they weren’t arssed about lurcher men now coming back tenfold too bite them on the arse

hammer . 
nail. 
head. 

we all  know what’s happened there with the pointers . No mention of fire arms , so assuming it’s some instagram doggers out stretching the gwps and the prey drive has kicked in 

I think I it’s quite funny actually 

hope it’s that rather than a couple of lads rough shooting anyway . 

• Like 1

There was a good article in the countymans weekly about this

HUNTINGKIND.COM

Hunting Kind - If you care about proper wildlife management, our countryside, our cultural heritage, our rural community fabric, our civil liberties, our rural...

I think they are onto some thing and its our best and probably only chance 

Not bought that mag for years but any thing that at least tried to promote us is got to be worth couple quid

Edited by terryd
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Fox dog said:

Anyone know or is there anything going on in preparation for organizing a fight for saving the Working lurcher or is it just going to be put in the history books?

Speak to hunting kind fd 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

So, I must admit that I find it more than sad that a way of life I was born for has during my lifetime been eroded by well meaning but sadly misinformed politician's. 

I have always maintained that I was born a hunter, its in my blood and its my religion, at one time or another I have paid dearly for it, oh not just financially but mentally and physically.                                                                                                         Yet despite my best efforts its- that is hunting shooting fishing etc- is  slowly disappearing before my eyes.

I feel sorry that the generations following cannot possibly have the life I've led regardless of how much they try.

If I had one wish it would be to get my "younger" hands on those politicians that have signed this all away, I could have and would have taught them their errors.! Where ever your hunting heart takes you, please follow it, because soon you will not be able to. 

• Like 12
13 minutes ago, levigsp said:

So, I must admit that I find it more than sad that a way of life I was born for has during my lifetime been eroded by well meaning but sadly misinformed politician's. 

I have always maintained that I was born a hunter, its in my blood and its my religion, at one time or another I have paid dearly for it, oh not just financially but mentally and physically.                                                                                                         Yet despite my best efforts its- that is hunting shooting fishing etc- is  slowly disappearing before my eyes.

I feel sorry that the generations following cannot possibly have the life I've led regardless of how much they try.

If I had one wish it would be to get my "younger" hands on those politicians that have signed this all away, I could have and would have taught them their errors.! Where ever your hunting heart takes you, please follow it, because soon you will not be able to. 

ok yes politicians , but if we honest  most joe public not bothered about hunting, you always had that stigma , hunting was the toffs= upper class , and bit later middle class , thats shooting, fox hunting  horse back, bit of terrier work, for digging foxes out for the Hunt etc, and hare coursing  legal  like the Waterloo cup etc .Now going back when i was kid born in 1952 , you see few gypos   with lurchers hunting rabbits, or the odd few hares, infact i was about 10 year old , when out with one of our staffs, nice fawn  18in strong bitch, was over by some counsel tip, you get few rabbits, fox, and few brocks knocking round there. i seen 3 blokes with couple lurchers, big rough one and smooth one, they had 4 rabbits on them,  the smooth dog  was running a hare , but at fare distance away from them, i was just looking out of interest. my bitch had stiffened up a bit watching them and there dog, they walked towards me, i told them not to come to close as she could be bit funny, prob there dog thn them but i didnt tell  them that though lol. chatted for  mins, they didnt get the hare, i just walked away continue  my walk. So think looking back to say 1960, most people i knew thought that most lurcher were kept by gypos , ok they very popular mid 70s, you see them around alot at game fares , where i lived for 30s by Weston park ,they held the midland gamefare  there for years, i used take my lurchers there every year.But as ive said on this post, since the hunting ban with dogs, it over more so lurchers/ sight hounds/ terriers ,  they get to shooting next, then Fishing . We fooked in this country, ok if your gay,  trany, or dark skin , but anything else forget it, i hope they dont get to boxing  or football next, you never know, in 30-40 year time they might try to do something  change the sports.:yes:

• Like 3
On 26/02/2023 at 11:40, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

hammer . 
nail. 
head. 

we all  know what’s happened there with the pointers . No mention of fire arms , so assuming it’s some instagram doggers out stretching the gwps and the prey drive has kicked in 

I think I it’s quite funny actually 

hope it’s that rather than a couple of lads rough shooting anyway . 

2A31C7C8-91CE-4073-A42E-F9AB78B8787B.png

7A52ED01-56C2-4818-ADEB-6D4ED81E6CB1.png

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
34 minutes ago, scotty12 said:

2A31C7C8-91CE-4073-A42E-F9AB78B8787B.png

7A52ED01-56C2-4818-ADEB-6D4ED81E6CB1.png

People should just ring the police any time they see someone with a dog near a field. Hopefully get fed up with wasting all there resources on little old Betty walking her Scottie dog. 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

gallileo will be gone soon five motors turn up regular all for a few convictions a year biggest waste a tax payers money there is 

It’s been running for years so it’s seen as a success in the public’s eye pal haha 

• Like 1