WHAT’S THE FUTURE FOR LURCHER WORK ?

1 hour ago, skycat said:

I am in contact with Ed Swales from Hunting Kind. They are trying to put forward the case for 'natural hunting' which means that hunting with dogs (all dogs, as in fox hounds, beagles, harriers, terriers and lurchers) should be legal.

This is obviously a long and drawn out process with no absolute guarantee of success, but it does seem to be the best option to date. Whether or not this can succeed depends, in part, on getting MPs to admit that the current legislation is flawed, that certain wild mammals need controlling, and that there is also the cultural heritage of hunting to consider, as well as the ethical procurement of meat for the table. 

With regards to the AWL, I am no wiser than anyone else as to whether or not they are still functioning. Whatever happens, I believe it to be essential for those who work lurchers as well as lurcher supporters, to present as a consolidated group/club/organization, much in the same way as the National Working Terrier Federation.

The fact that past efforts to pull the lurcher world together has failed should not deter us from forming a new and strong group. The question is: who will be the ones to unite us?

Hopefully  the new  man or woman in charge of the snp will see sense and get rid of the greens  in a ideal world 

• Like 3

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re so right Luckee, nothing is lost until you give up trying to fight for it. Unfortunately that appears to be where the lurcher world is right now and as someone with a great affection for runnin

I am in contact with Ed Swales from Hunting Kind. They are trying to put forward the case for 'natural hunting' which means that hunting with dogs (all dogs, as in fox hounds, beagles, harriers, terri

Dont think you will change the mind of the green party full of arrogant mixed up c..ts had a good day yesterday bolting  to the dogs 

Posted Images

I emailed them asking on the stance of using a dog to mark and hold in nets and where we would stand should a rabbit manage to elude the net. This is the reply received today Still about as much use as tits on a fish but could argue that as long as the rabbit is humanely dispatched you’re within the law as it says “chasing and killing” not chasing and retrieving? 

anyway it’s still a lot of nonsense 

0B45CC60-C6AF-489D-9983-DF05574BF80B.jpeg

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, RossM said:

I emailed them asking on the stance of using a dog to mark and hold in nets and where we would stand should a rabbit manage to elude the net. This is the reply received today Still about as much use as tits on a fish but could argue that as long as the rabbit is humanely dispatched you’re within the law as it says “chasing and killing” not chasing and retrieving? 

anyway it’s still a lot of nonsense 

0B45CC60-C6AF-489D-9983-DF05574BF80B.jpeg

That, more or less looks like it's still OK to catch rabbits with a dog in Scotland?

• Like 3

Well lads that's good going a step in the right direction,a soft mouthed dog has its place,don't you know down the road they will change it,the battle will forever go on,I see that it looks better alright but the foot cannot be taking off the pedal 

• Like 3

Absolute joke,same this side of the pond those in power worried about non essential business and they homeless people and people starving, inflation and they worried about a rabbit,get a grip lads,they are now calling for a course to be brought in for potential dog owners before they can on a dog,two incidents unfortunately happened to bring this about a young boy mauled by a presa x p bull and a four month old savaged by a pet dachshund,where's the common sense,prey drive a screaming child what do you expect,and the tough guys marching around for the macho image, given us all bad name,I could rant all night,if common sense was more common what a great world we'd have 

4 minutes ago, Fox dog said:

Absolute joke,same this side of the pond those in power worried about non essential business and they homeless people and people starving, inflation and they worried about a rabbit,get a grip lads,they are now calling for a course to be brought in for potential dog owners before they can on a dog,two incidents unfortunately happened to bring this about a young boy mauled by a presa x p bull and a four month old savaged by a pet dachshund,where's the common sense,prey drive a screaming child what do you expect,and the tough guys marching around for the macho image, given us all bad name,I could rant all night,if common sense was more common what a great world we'd have 

spot on mate

4 minutes ago, Fox dog said:

I still don't get whats wrong with a wild mammal being chased and killed by a dog. Does the whole country have to now be a bunch of little furry fluffy animal lovers. How soft does the country have to get. If that is your thing thats fine but sod off and leave every one else alone 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, RossM said:

It’s very very vague but it does read that providing certain criteria and conditions are met then you will still be within the law 

I agree you expect ferreting with nets to still be fine and dog marking holding. Thing is dog will get runners or get them before net. As you say very vague 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, terryd said:

I agree you expect ferreting with nets to still be fine and dog marking holding. Thing is dog will get runners or get them before net. As you say very vague 

It’s the wording and grammar of it, if it read “chasing, and killing of wild mammals “ that would read to me as stay within the law and your fine.