WHAT’S THE FUTURE FOR LURCHER WORK ?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re so right Luckee, nothing is lost until you give up trying to fight for it. Unfortunately that appears to be where the lurcher world is right now and as someone with a great affection for runnin

I am in contact with Ed Swales from Hunting Kind. They are trying to put forward the case for 'natural hunting' which means that hunting with dogs (all dogs, as in fox hounds, beagles, harriers, terri

Dont think you will change the mind of the green party full of arrogant mixed up c..ts had a good day yesterday bolting  to the dogs 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Penda said:

Trouble is mate like I've said it's a different world now I can show you places by me a whole road with cctv on it monitoring gate ways fields etc admittedly it's the fly tippers there watching but if I decided to have a look over the wall ? il get nicked and they enforce it all il go jail or get banned from keeping live stock who knows 

There's talk off cctv being put around land by the end of this year think its already in some places

Just now, Penda said:

Oh it's there mate 

Same cctv set ups as you get in towns but not as obvious it isn't for future tipping but another way to see what everyone's upto it's clever how they've done it get everyone into walking into the countryside and fast changes over the last year, be like China soon..

9 minutes ago, dodger said:

Same cctv set ups as you get in towns but not as obvious it isn't for future tipping but another way to see what everyone's upto it's clever how they've done it get everyone into walking into the countryside and fast changes over the last year, be like China soon..

These are like motion detection cameras similar to trail cams by looks of it been there about 12month or more 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Luckee legs said:

After the ban on hare coursing and the subsequent epidemic of driving around fields after hares attitudes changed in the East. As a teenager I learnt from a farm manager who had terriers and used to course greyhounds, these days I can't get rabbiting permission near me without ferrets only as the opening line, once secured I simply ask of it's ok to bring the dogs as they make the job easier. My experience tells me it's not about the type of dogs, the few landowners I deal with have been generally very interested and accepting. That said, I recently got my first ever whippet as I feel the need for my dogs to look different to hare dogs.

If a rabbiting ban came it would be over for me, post COVID the more general wanderings of the public bring me into contact with them, last Sunday I was stopped twice while ferreting on private land, one couple said "I thought you were hare coursing" and seemed disappointed I had the farmers permission 

I wouldnt get too nervy just yet mate, I tried to call the police a few weeks ago, about some dodgy people with a drone looking round sheds. No chance by phone, so after 20mins on computer and finally pressing the enter key it came up ERROR I finally gave up. Just waiting for the break in now..

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Barrie said:

Hunting Kind is one of the very organisations I was referring to in my original post when I said "There are organisations out there willing to work with you and if necessary advise you, but right now they don’t have anyone to deal with who can speak collectively on your behalf."

The NWTF has already attended 2 of their regional meetings and are liasing with them on almost a daily basis. As a starting point I'd suggest no one has anything to lose by visiting their website and clicking on the link to register your support.

Kindest Regards - B

It's easy to do, just go to Hunting kind vote, I clicked sighthound

The flyer is clearly focused on fox hunting, I feel a bespoke message on rabbits and dogs will be more suitable to send to my MP 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Luckee legs said:

The flyer is clearly focused on fox hunting, I feel a bespoke message on rabbits and dogs will be more suitable to send to my MP 

I agree

34 minutes ago, Luckee legs said:

The more people that vote sighthound the more they will take notice. The problem with the lurcher owner is that they have always moved in shadows and don’t think there is many willing to stick there head above the sand and speak for lurcher owners. That’s the gist I got from Barrie’s reply’s. 

• Like 6
14 hours ago, Penda said:

These are like motion detection cameras similar to trail cams by looks of it been there about 12month or more 

We use them on the club fishing pond mate 

Can see a time soon where we report in to 101 about going out hunting with dogs like we do when shooting to stop the police coming for legit hunters 

2 hours ago, Luckee legs said:

I agree entirely. But in order to do that you first need to have some direct input and involvement from the lurcher world if the job is to be done properly and to your satisfaction.

By way of example I've attached a copy of the NWTF Terrierwork leaflets which we had printed last year in readiness for Scotland. We had 5,000 leaflets printed, it's an A4 document folded 3 times, so it's easy to hand out or to post, and for an MP to slip in their pocket. The total cost for 5,000 leaflets including postage was £161.92p (which was sponsored by 2 of our members) plus a little bit of time and effort on our part.

It ain't that difficult surely ?

Kindest Regards - Barrie 

1 NWTF FLYER FRONT.jpg

2 NWTF FLYER BACK.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Its burying head in sand time again...Look at this post for instance, you would get more interest if posted about mange mite.

lets see were this goes mate as long  we make a start the genuine people will jump on board even the ego boys they can sit on here telling world how inportant they are ask  for a signature to support somethink we all love to do were have they gone haha 

• Like 2