WHAT’S THE FUTURE FOR LURCHER WORK ?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re so right Luckee, nothing is lost until you give up trying to fight for it. Unfortunately that appears to be where the lurcher world is right now and as someone with a great affection for runnin

I am in contact with Ed Swales from Hunting Kind. They are trying to put forward the case for 'natural hunting' which means that hunting with dogs (all dogs, as in fox hounds, beagles, harriers, terri

Dont think you will change the mind of the green party full of arrogant mixed up c..ts had a good day yesterday bolting  to the dogs 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, nothernlite said:

Thanks Keith 20230205_144138.thumb.jpg.8c199ed5c2c193f6a62a33993565b849.jpg

You owe me no thanks Dave, I've always enjoyed reading your posts,  it's me that should be thanking you, I will never forget what you did for me , just you take care , ,i.just find it hard to believe that even if I had a dog, I couldn't go out after a mere bunny, in peace , happen as well my Nell.isnt with me any more ,

Someone in england scotland or wales must be willing to stand up an be head honcho,farmers are under similar attack an im sure we could join together if we both help one another,i think farming an hunting go hand in hand an we should come together,i think most farmers will appreciate the help?

38 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Someone in england scotland or wales must be willing to stand up an be head honcho,farmers are under similar attack an im sure we could join together if we both help one another,i think farming an hunting go hand in hand an we should come together,i think most farmers will appreciate the help?

I would guess farmers would be the last people to stand up for lurcher work.

• Like 6

do any you lads  remember jacks game the days when we had 4 channels on the tele and town and country by jack hargreeves  they done a very good at  edu cating joe public  at the time  life was good and people were normal f**k nose what happend  after that but i dont like it  the woods and lay byes now are all full doggers goosing each other the new norm            

• Like 4
1 hour ago, tonyormy1 said:

do any you lads  remember jacks game the days when we had 4 channels on the tele and town and country by jack hargreeves  they done a very good at  edu cating joe public  at the time  life was good and people were normal f**k nose what happend  after that but i dont like it  the woods and lay byes now are all full doggers goosing each other the new norm            

I only just watched em on YouTube. Never ever get anything like that on telly again. Very good show. Jack's blunt and honest in it. A pack of beagles catch a hare in the show and Jack says "all wild animals die violent deaths, none of em die peacefully in their bed"....very true.

But he also very clear about the benefits of the hunting sports he does the shows about.

Edited by harryshounds
  • Like 7
9 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I would guess farmers would be the last people to stand up for lurcher work.

Some are ok but like been said those smashing stuff and stealing and driving all over the crops etc fcuk it up .I got nothing against bit poaching  but do the fcuker quietly.

• Like 4
23 hours ago, BEARINATOR said:

Not many left that ain’t been hit bad off dog lads or had stuff stolen, then newcomers get sick as no permission 

After the ban on hare coursing and the subsequent epidemic of driving around fields after hares attitudes changed in the East. As a teenager I learnt from a farm manager who had terriers and used to course greyhounds, these days I can't get rabbiting permission near me without ferrets only as the opening line, once secured I simply ask of it's ok to bring the dogs as they make the job easier. My experience tells me it's not about the type of dogs, the few landowners I deal with have been generally very interested and accepting. That said, I recently got my first ever whippet as I feel the need for my dogs to look different to hare dogs.

If a rabbiting ban came it would be over for me, post COVID the more general wanderings of the public bring me into contact with them, last Sunday I was stopped twice while ferreting on private land, one couple said "I thought you were hare coursing" and seemed disappointed I had the farmers permission 

• Like 5