Going well

Really pleased with the pup. Just cleared 7 months and a pleasure to be around. Just started kicking in hunting up now. Not started marking yet but it won’t be far away. Flushed pheasant rabbit and all ready seems to her eyes on retrieving shot foxes so I have to be care at dusk as that’s long way off. Keen to please. 
We tried to cut some thing off at the pass here but long gone. You have to try though :) 

83684065-ACDF-4E00-A75B-75B80DC0A41E.png.bc2f353eed1353a78a97a9209c02ea3b.pngA55019EB-DA20-47B5-A77A-E42BDF01493F.jpeg.d6dd9365a02754a1c88a4628947ad6a0.jpeg

nibble like a cat seen her walk along a branch with out second thought

69C1977F-8D36-4056-9AB9-F5B86651037C.jpeg.54885f9b96398cdc4cfba1270944eb7b.jpeg

C324B389-A859-4FB3-A8B6-79B96C561081.jpeg.8c6e989f984cb68f6e32adb1e7730ffe.jpeg

FB7B91AD-F522-4E3B-BCE6-8FAA5E040267.jpeg.7d3e13cefb86c0b18d5c75cd511d60f6.jpeg

B3804FA5-2DC5-4710-9BC9-2CB44F78DDD4.jpeg.b240976b79de2ac3d7b1fb28f38f1b9f.jpeg

no worries with cover either

6DC86590-BE68-40EE-8DE8-4DF1C629786C.png.4817216ebc9bdf7577f39a594ddf57fb.png

Edited by terryd
  • Like 16

17 minutes ago, harryshounds said:

Really is nothing better than enjoying a young dog making good progress on the rd to being a good worker....it's so satisfying especially cos we know how shit it is when a young in isn't making the grade.

Very true more if your a dog for life guy lol. If she took 2 years to get going it wouldn't matter but sure is nice to the signs that all will be well. I wanted a more laid back dog than the last one and she fits the bill perfect but not too laid back. Not sure if its a collie thing or not but she reads the expression on my face a treat. If she rides up front in the van and I catch her sat on the seat with a spanner in her mouth I can't help but crack a smile and her head tilts and I get a paw on my hand. She cracks me up at times fair play 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, terryd said:

Very true more if your a dog for life guy lol. If she took 2 years to get going it wouldn't matter but sure is nice to the signs that all will be well. I wanted a more laid back dog than the last one and she fits the bill perfect but not too laid back. Not sure if its a collie thing or not but she reads the expression on my face a treat. If she rides up front in the van and I catch her sat on the seat with a spanner in her mouth I can't help but crack a smile and her head tilts and I get a paw on my hand. She cracks me up at times fair play 

Yep, deff a collie thing, with them watching you all the while old Bryn I had the 1x collie x grey, was just like that. And very easy to up set, say the wrong thing, and you was fooked, he stop working, big Buck very sensitve as well, I think it trait in all herding type dogs, there very in tune with there owner. Both good in cover, Buck go into thick Bush etc if game in there, he smashed though   door to get a fox, yet when not hunting quite in kennel, good with people /dogsike said on my doberman post, he not dog aggressive, he don't like to fight any dog, yet full with his quarry. Your pup took nice shape. What size will it make  24 in.? 

6 hours ago, bird said:

Yep, deff a collie thing, with them watching you all the while old Bryn I had the 1x collie x grey, was just like that. And very easy to up set, say the wrong thing, and you was fooked, he stop working, big Buck very sensitve as well, I think it trait in all herding type dogs, there very in tune with there owner. Both good in cover, Buck go into thick Bush etc if game in there, he smashed though   door to get a fox, yet when not hunting quite in kennel, good with people /dogsike said on my doberman post, he not dog aggressive, he don't like to fight any dog, yet full with his quarry. Your pup took nice shape. What size will it make  24 in.? 

Think your right Ray they are sensitive which has worked well with the sheep just a scowl is enough. Also so far she has not growled at any thing which is great. Size wise she is 22 she might scrape 23 so perfect size for what I want. Just mooching about. Not sure how many dogs I have left in me Ray but I am liking the collie side of things. I don't think I am up to to rugged hot headed dogs. I want the easy life now a days :)  Your Buck has done you well I  remember the posts years ago when he was a pup. Time flies by

i am down to my last lurher now i had her mother and father and she is 15 year old lying on couch next to me apart from her eye sight she is in very good nick anyway thought i would do alittle write up how how her parents came to me her mother rose was giffted to me at 8 weeks old by my best mate paul w who saddley past away not long after rip kid so rose was special to me wether she worked or not anyway rose turned out full on type of dog totaly diffrent to what i had ever owned and spent alot of time in sick bay   then there was the father badger i got him at 12 months infact i saved him from a bullet i was out lamping with a mate who owned badger  very head strong dog who done what it wanted and my mate couldnt cope so he decided it wasent going home with us that night so i ended up taking him home with me thats were l learnt  about dogs with collie in them very clever animals and alot easyer to work with them than against if that makes sence  first bad habbit he  had he wouldnt stay close when lamping but soon as that lamp stayed on for a couple of seconds he wouid be  down that beem so lesson 1 learnt infact people would say to me how do get the dog to do  that and i would say it was a bad habit but very lmpresive  bad habbit 2 wouldnt retrieve what ever he got he despose and leave it were he stood   bad habit 3 when it was time to call it a night we had to start the van start driving with the back doors    stop and  the dog would jump in haha following season me mate who i got badger off invites me on some land he has and he was laughing saying i carnt believe you still got badger and another lad telling me the dog had no legs so i was telling them on the way to the perm well  he must of found his legs and a couple of gears to boot  that night the dogs had pure grueler we had 3 dogs and ran them in relays and every time badger ran me mates were like f**k fuckinhell what have you done with that dog i said nothink just put plenty off work in front off him i have to admit he done me proud and done so into old age  its shame how many dogs are passed on before giving a chance  i wish you all the best terry with youre dog its a cracker  yis tony  

• Like 7
44 minutes ago, tonyormy1 said:

i am down to my last lurher now i had her mother and father and she is 15 year old lying on couch next to me apart from her eye sight she is in very good nick anyway thought i would do alittle write up how how her parents came to me her mother rose was giffted to me at 8 weeks old by my best mate paul w who saddley past away not long after rip kid so rose was special to me wether she worked or not anyway rose turned out full on type of dog totaly diffrent to what i had ever owned and spent alot of time in sick bay   then there was the father badger i got him at 12 months infact i saved him from a bullet i was out lamping with a mate who owned badger  very head strong dog who done what it wanted and my mate couldnt cope so he decided it wasent going home with us that night so i ended up taking him home with me thats were l learnt  about dogs with collie in them very clever animals and alot easyer to work with them than against if that makes sence  first bad habbit he  had he wouldnt stay close when lamping but soon as that lamp stayed on for a couple of seconds he wouid be  down that beem so lesson 1 learnt infact people would say to me how do get the dog to do  that and i would say it was a bad habit but very lmpresive  bad habbit 2 wouldnt retrieve what ever he got he despose and leave it were he stood   bad habit 3 when it was time to call it a night we had to start the van start driving with the back doors    stop and  the dog would jump in haha following season me mate who i got badger off invites me on some land he has and he was laughing saying i carnt believe you still got badger and another lad telling me the dog had no legs so i was telling them on the way to the perm well  he must of found his legs and a couple of gears to boot  that night the dogs had pure grueler we had 3 dogs and ran them in relays and every time badger ran me mates were like f**k fuckinhell what have you done with that dog i said nothink just put plenty off work in front off him i have to admit he done me proud and done so into old age  its shame how many dogs are passed on before giving a chance  i wish you all the best terry with youre dog its a cracker  yis tony  

Brilliant Tony a few people have said what you have and thats work with them. If you heavy with them it just don't go well.
Mines a bugger for jumping up and pissing about grabbing me feet when she has a mad moment. But having her happy to pile in and jump on me pays dividends with the retrieving. I will tidy her up subtly as she gets older. Its been a good day today. Dinner time stood in a field stuck her in sit lobbed a dummy left lobbed one right. Hand signal for each one and she was perfect. Walking the woods after work at dusk. Dropped a dummy in track while she was ahead. Walked 50 yards on whistled her in said go back. She flew back and fetched dummy to hand. Fews minutes later shes crashing around in trees on fox scent. Next hunting up a rabbit in the brambles. I was grinning ear to ear it dont get much better well chuffed. Dont get me wrong the wheels fall of plenty and its bloody disaster but we seem to get on and I don't lose my rag.

IMG_0682.PNG.013e217cf3872bfc026af51073999e83.PNG

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, terryd said:

Brilliant Tony a few people have said what you have and thats work with them. If you heavy with them it just don't go well.
Mines a bugger for jumping up and pissing about grabbing me feet when she has a mad moment. But having her happy to pile in and jump on me pays dividends with the retrieving. I will tidy her up subtly as she gets older. Its been a good day today. Dinner time stood in a field stuck her in sit lobbed a dummy left lobbed one right. Hand signal for each one and she was perfect. Walking the woods after work at dusk. Dropped a dummy in track while she was ahead. Walked 50 yards on whistled her in said go back. She flew back and fetched dummy to hand. Fews minutes later shes crashing around in trees on fox scent. Next hunting up a rabbit in the brambles. I was grinning ear to ear it dont get much better well chuffed. Dont get me wrong the wheels fall of plenty and its bloody disaster but we seem to get on and I don't lose my rag.

IMG_0682.PNG.013e217cf3872bfc026af51073999e83.PNG

onwards and upwards mate like i say very clever dogs keep it winning and enjoy

• Like 1