I had forgotten just how bad …..

I had forgotten just how bad dry food was for dogs. 
I have fed raw meat to my dogs pretty much my whole life and really don’t like dry food. But I was away working for a few days this week so my daughter had to feed the dogs for 2 nights. Now she is full of cold so to make it easy for her I went out and got a some dry food and set up a little system where she just had to pour it into a steel tray for them. ANYWAY I came back to mountains of wet sloppy Shit all over the yard and over half a bucket of water drunk. Even in the hottest weeks of summer the bucket of water looks as if it’s hardly been touched. This can’t be good for the dogs. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always feed good quality dry. Tried raw, too much hassle, especially in summer. My dogs have been healthy and long lived. Just put a bitch down at  nearly fifteen. If you change from raw to dry

Reminds me of our old cocker getting in the green food bin once. He just kept eating by time we spotted him he was as wide as he was long. Greedy git. That got messy 

You cannot let them go back and forward to the sack as and when they want  I remember a lads big deerhound thing filling it's boots after he had got his head in the sack of dry, had the shed and

Posted Images

I stopped feeding dry when I started working for a company that makes kibble for some of the top brands and I can honestly say they fcuk all good goes into the mix ,

Cheap brands , expensive brands all made out the same hoppers just different brand name and different price ,

I used to laugh when owner of csj came to look at production,she would be walked on a set route around factory that had taken several weeks to get clean for her inspection and shown all the new machines that wasn't even producing her brand 

Better of with raw 

Dry stuff works well as fox bait!!! :good:

I get one of those huge bags of the cheapest I can find, ALWAYS pulls them in, but I guess I'm not exactly worried how healthy it is!!!!

Edited by Deker
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, littlefish said:

No......not sarcasm.......how interesting about the CSJ post....... I used to feed mine on that before I moved to raw and scraps.....never going back to the greasy sacks.....meat, tripe, offal and bone all the way now......

People behind csj  have good intentions it's those who produce it that lets them down 

Grew up feeding raw tripe (proper whole tripes) ,bit of biscuit ,veg leftovers ,peelings ect ,then worked in a greyhound kennel ,learnt a bit more about nutrition, think nowadays its all about convenience, I'd use dry in Socks situation, as a last resort,someone dog sitting ,makes it easier for them ,

Add water to a bowl of dried food and watch it swell up, now imagine that in the dogs gut. always just fed raw with added pasta and tomatoes every other day. Whole tripe is great but the neighbours tended to get the arse over the smell, same with deer guts and stuff, 

I always feed good quality dry. Tried raw, too much hassle, especially in summer. My dogs have been healthy and long lived. Just put a bitch down at  nearly fifteen.

If you change from raw to dry or vice versa, without gradual introduction, you are going to get diarrhoea.

When I was a kid, dogs were fed on bones and scraps. They are scavengers, they can eat anything.

In the days before dry food, Ive known farmers who fed their collies  on porridge and whatever else the dogs could scavenge. They would run all day.

If you feed raw, there's a much greater chance of salmonella bugs infecting yourself or any others in the household.

Dry is sterilised, balanced, healthy and convenient.  Top greyhounds are fed high protein dry.

The only downside is dogs shit more on dry.

I did not receive any remuneration from dry food manufacturers for this post.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I always feed good quality dry. Tried raw, too much hassle, especially in summer. My dogs have been healthy and long lived. Just put a bitch down at  nearly fifteen.

If you change from raw to dry or vice versa, without gradual introduction, you are going to get diarrhoea.

When I was a kid, dogs were fed on bones and scraps. They are scavengers, they can eat anything.

In the days before dry food, Ive known farmers who fed their collies  on porridge and whatever else the dogs could scavenge. They would run all day.

If you feed raw, there's a much greater chance of salmonella bugs infecting yourself or any others in the household.

Dry is sterilised, balanced, healthy and convenient.  Top greyhounds are fed high protein dry.

The only downside is dogs shit more on dry.

I did not receive any remuneration from dry food manufacturers for this post.

i agree nothing wrong with descent kibble in a diet i like arden grange that one feed meat the other 

most of the raw you get isn’t fit for the bin

5 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I stopped feeding dry when I started working for a company that makes kibble for some of the top brands and I can honestly say they fcuk all good goes into the mix ,

Cheap brands , expensive brands all made out the same hoppers just different brand name and different price ,

I used to laugh when owner of csj came to look at production,she would be walked on a set route around factory that had taken several weeks to get clean for her inspection and shown all the new machines that wasn't even producing her brand 

Better of with raw 

feed a dog a good kibble then a cheap one from asda you know instantly they are completely different mate 

• Like 1